PDA

View Full Version : Cipralex and Cymbalta

Gabrielben
26-04-14, 06:10
Hi guys,

I went to see my psychiatrist yesterday. He has put me on cymgen 30mg along with cipralex 20mg for two weeks and then he plans to wean of the cipralex. The reason for the change is that after 5 weeks on cipralex only a partial response was seen. Although my anxiety was gone, it left me depressed and excessively tired. What must I expect on the cymgen? Anyone else done the change??

Thanks

BusuB
28-04-14, 19:09
Hi Gabrielben, I recently came off a trial of fluoxetine myself. I'm about 24 days onto Cymbalta, so early days still. I will say the first 2 weeks were a bit tough. You can definitely feel it hit right away. My SE's so far:

Grogginess
Lightheadedness (no longer an issue)
Nausea (moderate at first, has since gone down to minimal)
Sweats (same as nausea)
Increase in jitters (same as nausea)
Insomnia (sporadic, no trouble falling asleep, but wake up through night)
Interesting Dreams
Caffeine Sensitivity (which I shouldn't be consuming any way)
Dry mouth (off and on)
Mild decrease in appetite (could be good/bad)

I will say though that as time goes on, my anxsiety seems to be lessening as is my depression. I still have rough moments and as my psychological anxiety is diminishing, I seem to be having an increase in physical symptoms (typical, the physical will calm down eventually too). Overall, I'm satisfied with where I am. Some tips that have helped though is stay well hydrated, and take your dose at the same time every day with a little bit of food. Also, take it in the morning.