PDA

View Full Version : bottle of wine bed at 11 sleeling pill..but still i wake

gregcool
26-04-14, 09:38
Posted only yesterday about not sleeping.but last night i had a bottle of wine to myself.bed at 11pm was very tired.all my meds.fell to sleep BUT still i woke at 4.30am and felt awake.so i took 20mg tamazapan and it did nothing usualy that knocks me out for the night.what the hell is going on.its become a prob now and i fear going to bed.it started of thhree weeks ago but gas slowly got worse waking early each day..last time i fell into the jaws of insomnia i was very metaly unwell bad depression high anxiety..and felt like i wanted to end my life...jyst dont understand why this is hapning.i dont even sleep in the daytime.

SarahH
26-04-14, 11:14
Hi Greg as a fellow lifetime insomniac I feel your anguish and lack of sleep can trigger our illnesses. One thing I completely stop when my sleep is bad in alcohol.... for me it may send me to sleep but then it wakes me frequently in the night and my anxiety is unbearable the next day.

I take zopliclone at night and have done for 14 years. Sometimes it doesn't work so if I get a little frantic in the night I will take a small amount of Valium which usually does the trick.

Just a thought

sarah

gregcool
26-04-14, 11:26
Thanks for that sarah...upto a few weeks ago a drink and my meds without a sleeping pill allways used to keep me in a deep sleep..but over the lastfew weeks without drink iv been waking through the night.only drink fri sat night..can a uncomftable bed disturb sleep

aprilmoon
26-04-14, 11:31
Hi Greg
If you haven't already done so,go back and see your doctor over this,and tell him the pattern that's forming.
Its best if you can nip this in the bud,before it starts to drag you down.
There's loads of different meds out there apart from the benz type,that he could help you with,that have a side effect of giving you a good nights sleep as well.
As you've found,alcohol won't help,and can make you feel worse.
That's what I would do anyway,others may have a more natural approach, but its whatever helps you in the end.
Good luck :)

---------- Post added at 11:31 ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 ----------

Yes! About the bed.
Someone once said that you should spend all the money you can on a mattress,and a pair of shoes,because you spend your life on either one or the other!:D

gregcool
26-04-14, 12:23
Thanks april.will look into it all