PDA

View Full Version : Citalop, and career/work

James3hr
26-04-14, 11:10
Hello,

I have been posting a bunch but I am new, and curious, How did you all manage working and taking Citalopram coming off going back on? I will start my new career soon and I am worried that I will have a hard time atleast until all my withdrawal symptoms and issues that I have go away. at least I hope they do. I want to know some experiences that you have had with work related issues and taking cit, depressed etc.

Kim51
26-04-14, 11:16
Hello,

I have been posting a bunch but I am new, and curious, How did you all manage working and taking Citalopram coming off going back on? I will start my new career soon and I am worried that I will have a hard time atleast until all my withdrawal symptoms and issues that I have go away. at least I hope they do. I want to know some experiences that you have had with work related issues and taking cit, depressed etc.

Hi I have successfully worked while taking citalopram on and off for many years with no problems at all, I have just gone back onto them eight weeks ago with great success, yes I am a tad more tired but that is a small price to pay for the reel I it gives me with panic/anxiety. :):)

Hereford Al
28-04-14, 03:02
Hi James, hope all is well.
I never had a issue with taking Citalopram whilst working (and returning, after 12 months off with anxiety) and I think it helped me loads to overcome the barrier of working again.
I've not ever come off them, but had to manage the adjustment of an increased dose (20mg-40mg) back in 2010 when I had a little blip. Other than feeling knackered for a few days, everything was fine. It was, indeed, the ideal dose that helped to turn my life around.

James3hr
30-04-14, 09:28
thanks for the reply, I will start my job soon, this past week things have become more clear, I feel better I am thinking better as well, I had horrible foggy feeling and a hard time concentrating so things are looking better and hopefully they continue to do. thanks again I enjoy hearing good stories every once in awhile.

Marty_67
30-04-14, 12:55
I agree with all of the above.

The early days were hard, I was very tired.

It has gotten easier but I try not to dwell or worry about things too much - I have tried to adopt a 'I'll worry about it when it happens' attitude. Not easy. But cit has helped me do this with a bit of self-CBT.