PDA

View Full Version : Headache for 3 days - caused by stress/anxiety?

telltheking
26-04-14, 17:39
I have had a mild headache which has been coming and going for about 3 days. The pain is really minor and I can forget about it if I am doing something interesting, but it always seems to be there. I am pretty certain it is nothing serious, but I am wondering if this is common for anxiety sufferers?

I grind my teeth at night, and this could contribute to it.

I was first told I had generalised anxiety disorder in 2008. It used to be a lot worse and I had the worst hypochondria and would be frequently worried. These days it comes and goes, but is generally mild. I have started worrying a bit more recently however about random stuff.

I have also been a bit stressed recently about money and my studies (I am doing a PhD and it is very stressful). I have been exercising regularly and lost some weight which I am happy about. Perhaps I have been over-exercising and am feeling run-down?

Would like to hear if anyone else has experienced any of the above?

LunaLiuna
26-04-14, 18:04
I've experienced this for weeks. Interestingly it was because of my teeth grinding so perhaps that may be your problem. My headaches are usually situated around my temples but I've had them most other places.

A dentist can give you a mouth guard which will protect your teeth from erosion etc.

MRS STRESS ED
26-04-14, 18:04
Hi sounds like stress to me as you say you are working hard studying and just general life is hard ,I sometimes get a headache which can last for days and my head feels foggy ,but as for exercise thats only a good thing it helps with anxiety good luck with your studies xx

telltheking
26-04-14, 19:40
Thanks guys, that helps.

Its so frustrating that its a mild pain that just never goes, or only goes fleetingly. Me thinking about it constantly can't help!

Does anyone else get this?

RoseEve
26-04-14, 20:28
I've been through the same thing twice. A constant dull headache both times it was a sinus infection. My nose wasn't runny and I had no other symptoms. If it doesn't go away after a week go to the doc it might be sinus related. Also tension headaches can last over a week.

AlexandriaUK
26-04-14, 21:01
Have a shower and massage your head and neck gently, or get partner to do It for you, grinding teeth will
definately cause headache as well, have a good night

telltheking
27-04-14, 16:29
Haven't had much of a sign of headache today which is good :)

My neck and back feels like I may have pulled a muscle though. Is this a symptom of a tension headache and maybe mean it is finally getting better?

Even though I have convinced myself I am not dying, its still going around and around in my head!

MRS STRESS ED
27-04-14, 16:45
Haven't had much of a sign of headache today which is good :)

My neck and back feels like I may have pulled a muscle though. Is this a symptom of a tension headache and maybe mean it is finally getting better?

Even though I have convinced myself I am not dying, its still going around and around in my head!

So pleased to hear your feeling better and keep telling yourself your getting better think positive xx

dac0273
27-04-14, 21:40
I've had the same thing at the back of my head and the top of neck , I keep thinking I'm dying , it's mad isn't it ? I also have a constant feeling of pressure over my nose that never goes away , could this be tension headaches ??
I don't want to go to the doctors again as I think he's sick of seeing me x