PDA

View Full Version : Not such a great afternoon

idawmn
27-04-14, 00:17
My husband and I went out to see brand new homes this afternoon as part of the yearly Parade of Homes where I live. It's always fun to go through the new homes each year and to dream.

I always make a point of getting out for a bit despite my constant suffocation feeling, head in fog and at times chest and upper abdomen tightening. Of course I couldn't fully enjoy the homes no matter how hard I tried because of this constant suffocation feeling. Thirteen weeks of this and no relief. Anxiety that came out of nowhere.

Trying to stay positive and telling myself that I will overcome this with the help of a therapist whom I will be seeing in 10 days. I need my life back and to enjoy life like I did before this all started.

Thanks for listening to me vent.

AlexandriaUK
27-04-14, 00:30
Well done, It obviously took some courage going out but you did It, I hope you feel better soon,it does pass eventually especially if you keep focused on lifes good bits

idawmn
27-04-14, 00:35
Thanks. I'm trying, really trying. I get out for walks , sit in the yard and read. I really thought though I would have overcome this weeks ago and here it is 13 weeks later. I guess I keep hoping for a miracle in that one day I wake up one morning to find the breathing issue has resolved itself. Nothing is bothering me and this is what I don't understand. Keep on fighting!

ClearBlueSky
27-04-14, 20:53
youre doing so well. Patience and acceptance is key. PM me if you need to talk xxx

idawmn
27-04-14, 21:38
I was out again to see more new homes today. Same old, same old - suffocation feeling, tightness in chest. Did manage to get upstairs in a couple of the homes but that doesn't affect my breathing. Suffocation is suffocation no matter if you lie down, sit, stand or walk up stairs. Thirteen weeks of this day and night is mentally taking a toll on me.

inCOGnito
27-04-14, 21:42
you coul try selftherapy.org for the suffocation-like symptom, see how that goes.

idawmn
27-04-14, 22:01
Thanks! Will check into that.