PDA

View Full Version : Cervical cancer- so obvious!!!

Help1989
28-04-14, 00:01
Hi, I am new to this but have been reading posts for the past few weeks after having various health problems/worries. It all started with general aches and pains, had a slight cough but felt awful and went to a&e- was told I had a chest infection. A week later, night sweats still and pain (lymphoma fear!!) so sent for X-ray that came back clear. Lots of bloods done that are fine apparently. My lymph glands are up in my neck and I still feel achey all over and so so tired.
THEN I get dig nosed with a water infection showing leukocytes? meaning some infection somewhere? Given antibiotics.
All this time I am worrying so much I have the C word somewhere in my body. Then finally, today it seems to have become so clear to me!! I have had painful sex and some post bleeding and lower back pain. Only thought about these today and searched for them- BAM cervical cancer straight away. I was told 2 years ago that I have an ectropian which means a small part of cervix that can bleed during sex but is normal in young women on contraception. But now with these other symptoms I am in full panic mode. I have lost weight anyway over the past few weeks but now I can't eat, can't sleep and can't think of anything else. I am convinced it has gone to other places as I have been feeling generally unwell. I am so so so scared I can't describe. I know this is a long post but I don't know how else to cope right now. Am going back to my GP in the morning to tell her of my new fear but am so scared it's too late :( :( any help on handling these fears of certain diagnosis would be helpful, sorry again for the essay!

bingjam
28-04-14, 05:27
Hi, I went through the cervical cancer fear not long ago I have a post somewhere on here about it..

I didnt even have the symptoms you are having, alls I was having was stomache cramping, nausea and loose bowels... and i lost 12lb in 6 day and I thought it was cervical cancer. Turns out that since having my baby girl 8 months ago has made me allergic to dairy which sucks!!

It just goes to show that you shouldnt look on google cause it shows you the worst things it could be and its not always accurate..

Im sure that you are fine but insted of googling go and see an actual doctor thats actually know what they are doing :)

The weight loss by the way could be that you are just worrying and stressing over it...