PDA

View Full Version : My names Mark

MasterMarK
28-04-14, 00:40
Hi everyone I'm mark I'm 41 and had panics now for 20 years :(
I started a great new course about 8 months ago CBT.
At first it was ok but after a few weeks I started getting the hang of it. I felt great for weeks. Last week I had to have my squint op on both eyes :( biggest mistake ever for me Boom my panics came back as soon as I opened my eyes in the hospital. Previous to this I was doing so well on the cbt course I stopped taking the citalapram been off them now 6 months. Been home now 3 days and panic after panic I've lost it seems like I can't control it no more.

DEREKG
28-04-14, 01:26
Welcome, Mark. I ,personally, didn't find CBT helpful. But I know many do and it clearly helped you. I'm sorry to hear of your recent events but if you are a seasoned practitioner of CBT then just try to remember the "tools" that it gave you and what worked before. Anyway, I hope you find some relief and you will find many understanding people on here :)

MRS STRESS ED
28-04-14, 12:14
Hello and welcome Mark the thing is cbt can help but you have got to keep using the tools they give you to fight against anxiety ,try to stay positive dont give in fight it xx

MasterMarK
28-04-14, 15:35
Thanks Guys Will try my best , now ive given up the pills its a little harder to control the panics are VERY strong. I do have propanalol but im a little scared to take them or not