PDA

View Full Version : Positive experiences with anxiety

marlowe78
28-04-14, 01:47
I didn't expect anything good to come out of my anxiety issues (who would?) but I have to admit I've had some positive experiences and some things in my life have actually improved.

I've learned to sort out what's important and what's not.
I've taught myself to avoid overreacting to things that really aren't serious.
I've made steps to improve my diet.
I've learned to be (even) more appreciative of my family.
I've taught myself to clear my mind with meditation.
I've taken more concern for my health and well-being.
I take things much slower and have given up rushing through everything.

Of course, having panic issues isn't the best way to experience these things, but at least it hasn't been for nothing... :)

Rennie1989
28-04-14, 11:14
It's great to see that you are getting the positives out of something that is negative, that's excellent! If you can do that then you have nothing to worry about :)

I used to teach myself about Ancient Egyptian history and one thing that I learnt was their philosophy on balance of 'good' and 'bad' (nothing was evil). They had an annual flood which, if unprepared, washed away homes, food and equipment. It could be devastating for them. But once the flood receded it left behind a thick, rich, fertile soil that they could grow their food on. Without the floods they would not be able to grow their food. It is a great philosophy to remember, because there is always a positive from a negative :)

Tanner40
28-04-14, 12:14
Thanks for the posit rive post, Marlowe. Too often we forget that with every negative, there is generally an upside. We just have to remember to look for it.

xrachykinsx
28-04-14, 12:21
I'm much the same as you Marlowe, This episode of anxiety has been the worst part of my life however, it has opened my eyes, made me more down to earth and caring as I appreciate other people a little better now xx