PDA

View Full Version : Afraid of Meningitis/Sepsis

Claudius
28-04-14, 03:54
Please Help! For the past week I have been plagued with fears of blood poisoning/spinal meningitis. I have three pilonidal cyst holes that have opened and are draining, but over the last few hours I have felt very afraid and sick.My neck is not stiff, but that is because I took naproxen. I have this strange pressure feeling under my eyes and on my cheeks. I noticed some spots on my arms, but can't tell if it's a rash. I have constantly been taking my temp, and there is no fever....so far. I'm 18 by the way. So anxious and afraid though. :weep:

Kelxx
28-04-14, 04:03
Panicking will make your symptoms feel a lot worse, try to take your mind off it, have a nap. You will be fine :)

Claudius
28-04-14, 04:14
Panicking will make your symptoms feel a lot worse, try to take your mind off it, have a nap. You will be fine :)

I know there is probably nothing wrong. I keep telling myself that. I've been to the clinic four times this week and the ER twice. The ER visits were about sepsis, and even though blood tests came back negative and so did the cultures, they drained the cyst and it filled up again. I am scared it can become infected and kill me this time.

Sleeping is part of the problem. When I lay down whatever pressure this is increases underneath my eyes and all the way back to my ears.

Claudius
28-04-14, 23:03
I went to the clinic today. I was diagnosed with Sinusits. I have been given Amoxicillin for it. However, the ache in my neck will not go away. It is a dull ache that comes and goes, I didn't even think of it when I was at the doctors. It feels like my muscles are tight. I can move my neck but it feels like they are being stretched. Still afraid of Meningitis and Sepsis.

Fishmanpa
28-04-14, 23:33
I went to the clinic today. I was diagnosed with Sinusits. I have been given Amoxicillin for it. However, the ache in my neck will not go away. It is a dull ache that comes and goes, I didn't even think of it when I was at the doctors. It feels like my muscles are tight. I can move my neck but it feels like they are being stretched. Still afraid of Meningitis and Sepsis.

The neck ache can be attributed to stress and muscle tension due to anxiety. There's no reason to doubt a medical professional in this instance. Feel better soon.

Positive thoughts

Claudius
29-04-14, 00:06
The neck ache can be attributed to stress and muscle tension due to anxiety. There's no reason to doubt a medical professional in this instance. Feel better soon.

Positive thoughts
I know. I have been noticing the littlest of things, and constantly checking for symptoms. For example I found these itty bitty red specks on my skin, and I freaked out. Smaller than a period '.' Still don't know what they are.

Fishmanpa
29-04-14, 00:45
I know. I have been noticing the littlest of things, and constantly checking for symptoms. For example I found these itty bitty red specks on my skin, and I freaked out. Smaller than a period '.' Still don't know what they are.

Itty Bitty Red Specks? ;)

Positive thoughts

Claudius
29-04-14, 01:19
Itty Bitty Red Specks? ;)

Positive thoughts

I'm trying. :blush: They're smaller than a pencil mark and found sparsely on my arms and chest.

Claudius
29-04-14, 21:21
These things are irritating me. They are pinprick (less than 1 mm across) spots that are blood red. Still constantly worried because my neck muscles (The ones connecting to the shoulder) are tight. I'm trying to be rational, but the back of my mind keeps switching between Sepsis and Meningitis. This is so horrible.:wall:

---------- Post added at 15:21 ---------- Previous post was at 14:58 ----------

Anyone?