PDA

View Full Version : Epigastric/Muscle/blood clot nightmare

Lollymandy
28-04-14, 10:53
:weep: For at least 3 weeks I have had pain 3 inches below the breast bone, mainly central and sometimes to the right in one exact spot. Firstly I thought I had an ulcer and I did go to the GP 2 weeks ago, I did not tell him my worries, just let him examine me explained my symptoms, feels worse weirdly when driving, feels worse when walking about, not really bothersome at night in bed apart from turning over when it hurts, I forgot to tell him it hurts if I take a big breath in....... anyway the GP decided it was muscular and said it could take 6 weeks to get better, I was elated! happy not worried, tried very hard to ignore it. So here we are 3 weeks in and my symptoms are not really any better, although I have had a day when I was pretty much symptom free which was lovely. Today kids went back to school and I have been Google ing ever since :lac::weep: (Iknow I know:blush:) and now have categorically convinced myself this pain is a pulmonary embolism, due to the fact that I can make it hurt a bit when I take a deep breath, please SOMEONE! ANYONE! can I be re-assured, I am trying to rationalize by telling myself I wouldnt have a PE for over 3 weeks without it getting worse, anyone know? Thank you in advance, PS I truly dont think it is muscular all the same.

roxy90
28-04-14, 11:08
I've had pain upon breathing for nearly a year. Muscular pain hurts when you breathe in. A pulmonary embolism will cause shortness of breath amongst other things (I've worried about clots and researched them at great length lol). You don't have one. X

Lollymandy
28-04-14, 11:18
Thank you so so much for replying roxy90, :) I really appreciate it, I am not in work today either so I suppose the combination of googling plus being alone has made me extra anxious x

roxy90
28-04-14, 14:56
Google is the devil! I was I'm A and E over my imaginary pulmonary embolism. I've worried about it ever since but I Have done enough research to know that a life threatening PE will cause serious symptoms. X