PDA

View Full Version : What do you have with reflux?

kellylou89
28-04-14, 13:41
Im curious to know what everyones symptoms are with reflux/gerd
I have recently been getting what feels like heart palps when its acting up! .. I had it for a couple of days last year where it felt kike a rumbling in my chest and thats how it started out the other week and then began feeling like full on heart palps with it.
I began calcukating my pulse/heart rate with it .. Then after a day or so it stopped but sure enough its back!
Sometimes it feels like my stomach rumbling high up and then others feels like my heart!
A couple of years ago i went to a&e because i just couldnt catch my breath! They put me on heart monitoring machines andi was told all was fine and diagnose with reflux
I get a warm feeling in my chest/back during the outbreaks too aswell as the annoying cough (esp with the palps too)

My mom also has reflux but takes her omerprazole daily where as
I only take it as and when im not sure if i should take them
Daily too!

SarahH
28-04-14, 13:45
You could just Google "symptoms of GERD"...its not life threatening and simple medication and dietary changes will get rid of it.

sarah

kellylou89
28-04-14, 14:01
It only really tells you the basic symptoms

Catherine S
28-04-14, 17:44
Hi Kellylou, yes I get palps (missed beats) whenever my stomach is irritated...there is a connection between the two if you have a sensitive heart also (try googling Vagus Nerve for more info on the connection). I tend to get the palps anyway, but they can be much worse when I have the reflux. That said, my stomach problems have got worse with age, as your stomach doesn't produce enough of the enzyme that digests food as you get older.

ISB x