PDA

View Full Version : Tropical Fish

LunaLiuna
28-04-14, 14:28
Hello everyone!

My dad bought me a tropical fish tank!

I'm just writing to ask if anyone knows some small, rare fish that I could possibly look for, too add into the tank. I've had experience with fish before by the way so I wouldn't say I'm a beginner.

I personally like Rams and fish like the Silver Dollar, but those would be too big for this tank. Tetra's are the obvious route I suppose.

Any ideas would be great!

Catherine S
28-04-14, 16:39
Your dad? Can I ask your age Luna...I always thought you were the dad! Happy fishing by the way :D

ISB x

Phuzella
28-04-14, 19:37
I'd go for Tetras, nice and small and super colours :)

LunaLiuna
02-05-14, 17:05
Your dad? Can I ask your age Luna...I always thought you were the dad! Happy fishing by the way :D

ISB x

A age that is best left unknown :winks:

---------- Post added at 17:05 ---------- Previous post was at 17:04 ----------

I'd go for Tetras, nice and small and super colours :)

What about one of these? :D I'll get some tetra's aswell.
http://blog.tricker.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Gourami1.jpg

Phuzella
02-05-14, 21:36
Is it a piranha? :D

LunaLiuna
02-05-14, 22:38
Is it a piranha? :D

:roflmao: I just noticed how big that picture was...

It's a Gourami.

aprilmoon
02-05-14, 23:17
If that's a pirhana it could eat you up in one gulp!!!!!!:D

---------- Post added at 23:17 ---------- Previous post was at 23:16 ----------

Hope its a big fish tank!!!?
Haaaaaaaaahaaaaaa!!

Fishmanpa
03-05-14, 04:00
I had a piranha many years ago. A huge Red Amazon named "Max". I had him a 40 gallon tank. Couldn't decorate it other than gravel/stones and a few rocks. Air hoses were replaced monthly and sometimes after a feeding as nothing stood in his way of a meal. I went through a net every time I cleaned the tank as he would tear through it like tissue paper. He was one bad ass fish. When it was feeding time he would swim back and forth in front of the tank looking at me ~lol~ Pretty cool fish to have. Ate feeder goldfish.

You want something different and interesting...look into one. They're actually a rather beautiful fish.

Positive thoughts

Rhiannon.
09-12-14, 01:40
How many gallons is the tank?

The dwarf gourami is a beautiful fish. I was tempted to get one myself but was put off by the dreaded 'dwarf gourami disease'.

I rather like Celestial danios (also known as Galaxy rasboa).
They are tiny, but so beautiful.

I also love the eel-like Kuhli loach and have five myself. They are usually nocturnal and require lots of places to hide. You will see them so much more if you have lots of hidey holes though :)

Killifish are also pretty unusal and really need some more time in the limelight. They are uncommon and can be difficult to get but wow, they are as beautiful as many marine species.

My personal favourite fish though is the humble Platy. I started with these little guys and they have a dear place in my heart. I'm trying to breed my own colour strand of them! They're livebearers so breed like rabbits (worse actually) so if you buy a female she is also 99% going to be pregnant. They have such personality though and quite happily come to the front of the tank to greet you

I love fish >3<