PDA

View Full Version : please advise please

weplant
28-04-14, 16:03
I posted a few days ago..7 weeks, feeling horrible..can someone please read post and give me some advise, encouragement...

jillyb
28-04-14, 17:19
I can't give you any advice but I'm feeling the same! Seeing GP tomorrow to tell him. Will post if he has anything useful to say. My anxiety is very high and my stomach (which, in part, is why I was put on them) is awful. I would say my mood is slightly better but I am very disappointed with the anxiety, which is my main issue. X

ray52
28-04-14, 17:27
Hi I take Citalopram and it can take 4 to 8 weeks (maybe a bit longer) to adjust to every one differs if much longer than this then perhaps you need to talk to your doctor about other meds that are out there. I find cit 40mg works for me now and it was hard adjusting to it but worth it long term, have been on it for 6 months now.

Hope this helps
Ray

jillyb
28-04-14, 17:50
Ray, I'm on 20mg so don't know if he'll up it as this is the recommended dose for my age, I've read that this is what 60 year olds should be on! I'm definitely not as depressed as I had become but my stomach issues are still worrying me as I have severe HA (avoidance type). It's become a vicious circle of is it my anxiety causing my stomach or vice versa. I'm also on ppi's.

weplant
28-04-14, 18:04
Hi jillyb..I am also 60..I am on 10mg at this point, but took me 7 weeks to get to that. I am so sensitive to meds. I am hoping 10mg is all i will need..I was doing better, then wham, I am back to square one..It is probobly because I got a ekg that had issues now have to have a stress test..I have such HA, Iam sure that is freaking me out..What a rough road...I wish you the best. debbie

Sober2000june
28-04-14, 20:01
Sorry to hear you're struggling at mo Debbie, just keep telling yourself its just for today. I wish you well
Paul:hugs:

weplant
28-04-14, 22:59
Thanks so much Paul...I am having the stress treadmill test tomorrow, hopefully I will do ok and I will calm down a bit...Yikes....Sometimes, I wonder why my brain is wired this way...

Sober2000june
29-04-14, 19:51
Hi Debbie,

hope your stress treadmill went ok.

Paul:hugs:

ray52
29-04-14, 20:56
Jillyb I'm in my early 50s and started on 20mg but I thought that people were judge by their doctors as what their needs are. As it can differ for everyone as what meds work for them and what dose helps ( I might be wrong on that not sure ). But most meds need to be given a chance to get into your system so you can get the best from them. The stomach probs go hand in glove with stress anxiety I can still get that now from time to time and doc gave me diazepam 2mg to help with side effects at the start, off them now.
Ray

---------- Post added at 20:56 ---------- Previous post was at 20:49 ----------

Hi Debbie
I would also like to how your stress treadmill test went I'm not sure what this is but sounds interesting

Ray :)

Marty_67
30-04-14, 12:57
Hey Debbie x

This happened to me. After a month in I was feeling ok - at around 6-10 weeks, I felt worse than ever.

It did, however, get better. I can only advise you to stick with it, you have come so far already :)

Hope you feel better soon

jillyb
30-04-14, 16:37
Saw my GP, he wants me to stay on 20mg but I can take 2mg diazepam about twice a week. I've already had 2 today! My stomach is awful, pain, burning, heartburn and I'm on 40mg esomeprazole so this is really freaking me out. I did tell my GP that my tummy had kicked off but I didn't tell him to what extent because I'm so frightened. Stupid, I know. Was awful last night and I also has 3 hideous and vivid nightmares and woke up with massive panic attacks. I know all this isn't helping my tummy but I can't seem to stop the cycle. Soooooooo fed up with this. Love to all x

weplant
30-04-14, 20:11
Hey Debbie x

This happened to me. After a month in I was feeling ok - at around 6-10 weeks, I felt worse than ever.

It did, however, get better. I can only advise you to stick with it, you have come so far already :)

Hope you feel better soon
Thanks so much Marty...This really helps..I felt so discouraged that I was sliding back..I am on 10mg now and my doc wants me stay there for a while as I am very med sensitive and feels 10mg may be enough for me. I was on 8mg when I was having improvement..I hope the 10 is not too much..I will stick to it and really, really appreciate the input..Have a good day..Debbie