PDA

View Full Version : medication cocktail advice meeded asap plz

gregcool
28-04-14, 17:34
Hi guys.iv just been told some very concerning facts from my doctor..iv been suffering with bad insomnia again over the last few weeks.so i asked for some sleeling pills 20 mg tamazaman..which he gave me.but told me to be very carfull taking them.because im on 200 mg of trazadone at night and 5mg of olanzipine.he told me the high dose of trazadone im.on can slow my heart rate down and taking tamazapan 20mg on top could actualy stop my heart in my sleep.i have had many times when laying there after having all these drugs together where i feel im not going to breath or dont need to take a breath..allmost like i dont need to breath.im scared now of what he has told me but at the same time need to take them all together.i cant just not take my trazadone at night.thats my antidepresant ..so what the hell am i to do.im desperate for sleep but risk dieing in my sleep if i take tamazapan on top.any words please

Annie0904
28-04-14, 21:44
I guess it is really hard for any one to advise you on this Greg other than your doctor. I am surprised the doctor has given them to you if he thinks they could cause problems. I would speak to him again and maybe see if it would be better if you took the antidepressant at a different time of the day?

hatsunemiku
30-04-14, 11:24
Hiya I agree with Annie, you need to speak to your doctor again and perhaps get him to clarify what he meant by that. If he thought that these medicines would kill you then I doubt he would prescribe them. Ask if you can change any of the medication so that it doesn't do this. Have you tried other treatments for insomnia?

blueangel
30-04-14, 13:06
Or go and ask a pharmacist - they are experts on how medicines work and how they interact with each other.

gregcool
30-04-14, 17:45
Thanks guys.ill speek to the pharmacist see what they have to say.