PDA

View Full Version : FED UP!!!!!!

eve22
28-04-14, 18:32
Hi everyone
I am really struggling with being aware of bodily functions with anxiety. I have had breathing awareness for months which causes problems because I constantly think im short of breath etc and I have even got to the point were my muscles are severely tensed and i find myself blinking alot to cope with things (OCD)! I was handling these fairly well until last night when I got awareness of swallowing. Now eating is a source of anxiety for me because my throat gets tight and i feel i cant breath after eating, I am incredibly fed up and broke down in tears earlier because I just cant let my body do what its meant too because im just so terrified of my anxiety killing me by making me by choking, stop breathing, having a heart attack , ms, cancer ... etc I just feel so despaired im 22 with 4 kids and I already feel like my life is ruined please help!!!!

I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE ANXIETY IS TAKING OVER MY LIFE EVERYDAY ITS SOMETHING NEW I CANT DO THIS, I DONT WISH THIS ON MY WORSE ENEMY !!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared15::unsure::wacko::lac::weep::ohmy::mad:

Amandala
28-04-14, 18:48
Oh eve, I can relate so well! Eating is so hard for me, sometimes I literally cannot do it! I am always making sure I am breathing ok, lots of forced burps (you know that one!), feeling disoriented and foggy in my own house, I can barely drive because my throat gets so tight and my mouth gets so dry I think I think I'm going to die behind the wheel. I'm sorry I can't offer you much help but I do understand totally and am here for you :hugs:

HoneyLove
28-04-14, 18:49
Hi Eve, have you spoken to your GP about your anxiety or looked at any kind of treatment for it?

eve22
28-04-14, 18:57
:hugs: awww how sweet thank you, im just so frustrated!!!! I understand you totally!!! hope you feel better as well!!!

---------- Post added at 12:57 ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 ----------

Yes im on cit 10, my 3rd week!!! Was having a hard time with meds 4 diff in 4 months!!

Zoloft 100
Lexapro 35
Paxil 25
now cit 10

Fishmanpa
28-04-14, 18:57
Eve,

If you haven't already, please speak to a mental health professional and your GP as soon as possible. While there's a certain cathartic benefit to the forum, it can't offer the kind of help you really need.

Since you're in the states, you can go to http://www.mentalhealth.gov/get-help/ and find a professional in your area. At least there's someone to talk to on the other end of the line and point you in the right direction.

Positive thoughts

Sunflower2
28-04-14, 19:02
I really know how you feel about noticing everything too much. I've struggled on and off for about 4 years now when I'm eating and all of a sudden feel like I will choke if I try to swallow the food! I lost heaps of weight the first time it happened because it lasted for like 6 months! Since then it comes and goes, and the only way I've managed to get over it, because I do and it goes completely back to normal, is to force myself not to think about it. It is the hardest thing ever because I panic then refuse to eat any more, but just work through it and all of a sudden it's like your mind remembers it won't actually choke and you are fine! I also get a really tight feeling throat while driving and I get nervous over something. I think it's the muscles contracting as they get tense!

Amandala
28-04-14, 19:30
Glad it can eventually be overcome Kimberly!
And Eve, I've been stuck for 4 months too! On my 3rd med in that time frame

eve22
28-04-14, 20:48
I have a apointment set up for next week but until then i like to get on here and vent and talk with others, it helps calm me and give me that litle piece of hope back that was trying to slip away.... I'm glad you over came it, makes me feel so much better!! I also have the car anxiety. half the time i dont even go out because im so afraid to drive and if im in a lot of traffic i panic!! have to let the windows down !!

Phuzella
28-04-14, 21:35
It can all be overcome Eve :)

AlMc
28-04-14, 21:40
Wow 22 4 kids and you still look that good? =). I understand some of what your saying as i sometimes worry my food has been drugged or messed with and i cant eat and when i do i feel ill and my throat also closes. I know its not a solution but thought it be nice for you to hear your not alone..... Sometimes pushes me close to tears to.

RoseEve
29-04-14, 00:15
I've had this as well. It passes.