PDA

View Full Version : Doctors tomorrow

Chloe34517
28-04-14, 20:42
I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and I'm so nervous. There's so many symptoms and I want to write a list like everybody on here has suggested, but I'm scared if I do she'll instantly think "she's a hypochondriac, it must be anxiety". I haven't ever seen this doctor before as it's impossible to get an appointment with my usual GP, so I don't know what she's like or if she's thorough or if she will listen and take me seriously. I so desperately hope that I don't die tonight like I think I will, because I just want to live and I really need this all sorting. I've been feeling really ill lately - sicky, light headed, hot and cold, sweating, weak, pains and awful spasms in chest, headache, pressure in head, exhausted, dizziness and feeling extremely faint. For the past week I've has bad pins and needles in the side of my left thigh and today I woke up screaming in pain because I obviously woke up, moved my leg and got this outburst of extremely unbearable tingly pain and was in agony.

cjw
28-04-14, 21:20
Chloe, I know what it's like dealing with this awful illness. Trust me.......you will be ok and nothing bad will happen. Anxiety is an awful illness but once you accept that you have anxiety things will improve. Acceptance is the hardest step but the most important. All of the symptoms you have are caused by anxiety, read the symptoms page on the website. I have it on my phone and read it when I'm feeling ill.......it helps me. You will be ok........don't worry about the doctors....they see people with anxiety everyday. Let us know how you get on tomorrow. X

aprilmoon
28-04-14, 21:34
Hi Chloe
I always take a list if there's things I don't want to forget.
Don't worry what they think,they just want to be able to help.
Good luck,I'm sure youll start to feel better once you've been,its a positive step.

mummyanxious
30-04-14, 20:54
How did you get on at the dr Chloe?

Chloe34517
30-04-14, 21:13
Mummyanxious - They said it's just anxiety and I feel like they're not really listening to me at all. They say I'm too young to have anything seriously wrong with my heart and won't send me for tests :(

Fishmanpa
30-04-14, 21:24
Mummyanxious - They said it's just anxiety and I feel like they're not really listening to me at all. They say I'm too young to have anything seriously wrong with my heart and won't send me for tests :(

That's actually great news! I know it doesn't make the symptoms go away but they're 100% right...

Did you speak to them about help with your anxiety?

Positive thoughts

Chloe34517
30-04-14, 21:33
Fishmanpa, I have an appointment with my psych team in a couple of weeks so have to talk to them about it. They're not very helpful though - I'm on a waiting list for therapy but all the consultants do is prescribe me so many medications that I'm too afraid to take!

Hellly
30-04-14, 21:52
Hi Chloe.

Do you or your parents work for a company who offer counselling as part of their staff benefits?? I am getting CBT through my husband's work and I know my employers (a local council) offer the same support through a different company. You get a telephone consultation then they refer you to a local counsellor.

If you have this opinion I would take it, it's quicker than the NHS.

Sending positive thoughts.

H, x