PDA

View Full Version : Hi I am new

Metalhead
06-12-06, 09:06
Hi

I have suffered from anxiety and depression for about 7-8 years now and have been on vairous different types of medication. I am doing cognitive therapy at the moment, its good to talk to others about this.

I feel very alone all the time, I feel guilty for feeling like this.

I can't remember the last time I had a good night sleep, everything is in some kind of cross world between sleep and being awake its very surreal and frightening. Sleep pills just make me feel dopey as did other medication so I am medication free at the moment.

I do work but I hate it with a passion, everyone is really nice, but its like torture. I have really bad panic attacks at work but try to cover them up and not let people see, I run to the toilet or get some fresh air (which does help). I feel so guilty for having these. I hate being in a crowd. I work in a busy office...I want to get out but I have bills to pay its not that easy. What do I do about my job? Will I just be the same in another job I do?

I need some sort of coping strategy, I need to know I am not alone.
I don't want to feel like this anymore, I don't want to feel insignificant and inferior to everyone else. When ever I try to be confident it back fires and I have a panic attack. I get very cross at my self.

Help me.

honeybee3939
06-12-06, 09:20
HI Metalhead,

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice here while making new friends on the way.:D

Love

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

libbie
06-12-06, 10:11
hiya, have you tried rescue remedy, its herbal. it takes the edge off the feelings. try it, it might help, anything is worth a try. your not alone, more people than i thought have these feelings. take care, and if you need a chat, feel free to p.m. me.

libbie

hopeful
06-12-06, 10:59
Hi Metalhead,
Sorry you're feeling like this. Im sure youll find lots of help and support on here, I know I have.
Take care
julie x

manmoor
06-12-06, 12:22
Hi Metalhead,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

yorkylover
06-12-06, 13:21
Welcome metalhead.You will get lots of support here.;)

Ellen XX

Monty13
06-12-06, 19:54
Hi Metal

Not much advice to offer just want you to know that you are not alone x

Monty

999madmax
06-12-06, 20:03
Hi Metal,
Welcome to NMP.
You are not alone were all friends and here to help with almost any needs. [Yeah!] If you can`t find the specific subject just ask the question and usually someone will help you find the answer.[?]:):)
Good luck with the future!! [^]

Take Care
Madmax

clickaway
06-12-06, 20:22
Hi Metalhead,

Well done on undergoing the CBT. You are doing well by recognising the problem and dealing with it.

Also by coming here you will realise you are not alone at all.

There are many many more people out there suffering too, and it takes courage to admit our problems in public, especially to those who are "well".

Take Care

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

feels_like_home
06-12-06, 21:41
Hi,
I understand how hard it is to work with these horrible symptoms and feelings. I too have trouble sleeping and always feel surreal. I have attacks at work and just cover them up. I am a teacher and just try to keep busy and distract myslef. This helps me. I also take vitamins and rescue remedy which help a great deal. For me it is the thinking that makes things worse. I try to just keep busy so I can't think. It works, but I am so tired at the end of the day and then I can't sleep. What a cycle.
Hope you are feeling better.
Michelle

mick
06-12-06, 22:14
hi Metahead
i agree work is crap when your anxios and deppressed im self employed and its torture at times, but as yousay bills have to be paid so you get on with it. But it will get better slowly this site will see to that believe me m8 anyway welcome aboard the journey will improve in time
Mick

Lynnann
06-12-06, 22:19
Hi Metalhead,

Welcome to the forum, you will make some good friends here and recieve some great advice and support along the way. You are no longer alone now you are a member of NMP.
Have you had a look at the first steps links?

Hugs to you

Lynnann

Metalhead
07-12-06, 15:46
Thank You all so very much for your kind words, they mean a lot to me.

Its nice to not feel alone with this.

I hope I can help support you all when you need it too.

Thanks

samc100
07-12-06, 16:40
Hi Metalhead

Isn't it just great to find this place?

I can sympathise with the Panic at work. Have you told your boss? I told mine and we have an agreement that I can just get up and disappear and do whatever it is I need to feel ok again. I am lucky that my team are really supportive. I was surprised in how many other people at work have a had similiar experience and many are fully recovered which gives hope.

Anyway I an droning on. See you around xxxx

trac67
07-12-06, 16:41
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'