PDA

View Full Version : Burping constantly immediately after drinking water

Aussie11
29-04-14, 09:00
Has anyone else had this where they constantly feel they have to burp after every drink of water, plus any other sort of food or drink, but particularly water?

I've been having upper abdominal issues for a couple of months now and still going through tests to see what is causing it. I assume it could come on from anxiety, but not sure given the other pains and burning that I'm getting.

I'm going to see the gastroenterologist tomorrow, but I'm still just so anxious about these aches and pains and indigestion issues. I'm hardly able to eat anything at the moment, everything hurts my stomach area and I'm not even thinking about food at all so much that I'm constantly forgetting to have meals.

Libra
29-04-14, 11:43
I have that issue with water. I now only drink from a glass as from a bottle can cause you to take in more air. I just sip it and that seems to help. With me it also causes trapped wind on tum.

Orange Lightning
29-04-14, 18:25
I get this a lot too; a little sip can set me off! Hopefully someone else here knows what is going on, but rest assured you're far from alone :)

Libra
29-04-14, 20:31
Strange isn't it because I don't have a problem with fruit juice, just plain water:huh:

Aussie11
30-04-14, 12:47
Saw the gastroenterologist today and he didnt seem worried about this symptom. He thought perhaps some trapped wind up high could be aggravating things. He didnt give specific reason re the water, but I was reassured that he didnt think it was something concerning! He has put me on pancreatic enzymes and some other herbal things to address acidity and motility in the stomach area.

Vinodkk2011
16-03-18, 06:20
Hi aussie, do you still have this issue, have you found any solution, for the last 2 months i am having the issue