PDA

View Full Version : Missing Period

jumpingmuffin
29-04-14, 11:39
I have been on citalopram for a few years and at the beginning of this year after some anxiety problems I decided to get some help and have been seeing a private therapist every week for the past 3 1/2 months which I have now got down to seeing once a month. Within this time i have weened myself off the tablets and have felt great and am very proud of myself!! :) just one thing this month is my period is nearly 2 weeks late, i have done pregnancy tests and they are negative which i knew they would be as i havent slept with my partner for a few months. I was wondering if it could be not taking the medication anymore or if anyone else has had this problem? My mind is going into overdrive with it as im 29 and i keep thinking it is menopause and i would still like to have a child!! any one else had the same?!!?

Speranza
29-04-14, 12:01
Anything unusual needs to be checked out just for peace of mind. It is incredibly unlikely to be the menopause (unless there are people in the family who've had one this early). It's incredibly unlikely to be anything awful but it ought to be looked at. x

jumpingmuffin
29-04-14, 12:11
as far as im aware there is no early menopause my mum had me when she was 35 and im sure there wasnt any problems with her mum but you know how your mind just wanders! I am trying to get an appointment with the doctor but you know what its like gotta try again in the morning!!!

dafni
29-04-14, 15:48
Hey dont worry it happens, could be the pill, nerves, it happened to me too, twice, u r not a robot, wait till next month i d say.