PDA

View Full Version : Panic. Abnormal blood test results. W8ing for gp to call

fairyloveheart
29-04-14, 13:14
I am in a state of panic :(
Had a blood test at my request last week as keep getting little infections and things and is getting on my nerves.
Now I had to pick up a prescription so asked if they were back and receptionist brought them up on the screen and the screen was all red and said abnormal - and she said oh I need to get the gp to call you this afternoon so now I am in a total panic and have convinced myself in a few short hours that it's leukemia.
I wish she'd call me now :(

Coombs
29-04-14, 13:28
I am sorry you are in such a panic and hope the dr calls you soon.

Mrschurchill
29-04-14, 13:29
Fingers crossed it's just something silly that's causing them to dip. Remember it will show as abnormal even it's 0.1 out of the 'normal' range x

edwardthebear
29-04-14, 13:45
I am sure if there was anything serious they would have made the effort to contact you rather than you having to ask. As Mrschurchill says even a minor deviation is classed as an abnormality and it may be something easily rectified.

fairyloveheart
29-04-14, 14:15
Thank you :(

---------- Post added at 14:15 ---------- Previous post was at 13:56 ----------

Phew thanks. She just rang! Mrschurchill you were right! White cells slightly up but that's because I was getting over pneumonia, haemoglobin 11.8 and normal
is 12 so only slightly out and no treatment needed.
Thank you for being here xx

Mrschurchill
29-04-14, 15:16
Glad to hear it!! Best feeling ever when it's nothing :) xx

bulan
29-04-14, 21:05
Phew thanks. She just rang! Mrschurchill you were right! White cells slightly up but that's because I was getting over pneumonia, haemoglobin 11.8 and normal
is 12 so only slightly out and no treatment needed.
Thank you for being here xx

Great news!! :)