PDA

View Full Version : So tired

idawmn
29-04-14, 14:10
Yesterday I felt I was a having a pretty good day. While I still had the suffocating feeling, it didn't feel as intense and once again thought to myself that it was working its way out. I was feeling great.

Then it changed when it came to lying down for the night. I started to get that heavy intense suffocation feeling and ended up not sleeping all night. The strange part about this is that when I lie down for the night the suffocation feeling is more relaxed and at times it feels like it has left my body for the night. I can at least get some sleep. Well I ended up getting the reverse affect....Grrrrr. I am so tired today.

I'm leaving for a cardiologist's appointment in a couple of hours. This is the last of the testing I will be getting now. While I had an echocardiogram done weeks and weeks ago by the pulmonologist which showed everything in the clear, I believe my doctor wants a few more tests done just to be sure. A week from today I see the therapist.

Just venting as always. Thanks for reading.

xrachykinsx
29-04-14, 18:41
Hope the cardiologist appointment went okay... Hopefully you'll get this all sorted soon :) xx

idawmn
29-04-14, 19:19
I'm back from the cardiologist and this is still a mystery. Echo shows nothing, heart sounds fine, arteries are clear. I did get bloodwork done to check hemoglobin level and next up is a MRI. She said my suffocating feeling could be anxiety but will not look at that until everything else is ruled out. I'm so drained by it.

hatsunemiku
30-04-14, 11:19
Hiya it sounds like you're going through a stressful time.
Doctors have to be so vigilant which can make you feel like there is something wrong but please remember that anxiety has a VERY strong affect upon your body.
It is more than an illness of the brain, symptoms of breathlessness and tight chest are very common and will then be worsened by the sufferer panicking.
Next time you feel these symptoms coming on instead of worrying just try to accept it.
Say to yourself 'I accept that I am feeling a tight sensation in my chest, i know that it is unpleasent but i can just be with it'
Try to face up to what you're feeling, try to make it worse.. you'll find that you cant. If you accept how you are feeling and try to make it worse then it'll become obvious that it can't get worse.
Once you've realised this then imagine yourself floating.. feel a comfortable cloud lifting your body and lifting your chest.. float away from the pain without trying to fight it.
Resistance only makes anxiety worse.. accepting and floating will release you, you may not feel instant relief but within a few days of practising this you should find your symptoms decreasing.
Goodluck