PDA

View Full Version : bouncing from one disease to another

Worried 24/7
29-04-14, 14:49
My biggest problem currently is I completely convince myselfIihave lymphoma on Monday. Then Tuesday it's hiv. Then early Wednesday it's oral herpes which by late Wednesday I'm convinced is actually Ramsey hunt syndrome or ocular herpes or encephalitis....
Get the picture? It's exhausting and a result of compulsive googling. Does anyone else bounce around like this? Always sure one thing or another is killing you??

Amandala
29-04-14, 15:02
Totally relate, yesterday was adrenal cancer, this morning was ovarian cancer and now something is wrong with my heart....it really is exhausting!

Mrschurchill
29-04-14, 15:18
Yep! The past month or so it's been breast cancer, cervical cancer, enlarged spleen, lymphoma, and today mouth cancer due to having a tounge ulcer for over a week now. It's exhausting! Xx

Amandala
29-04-14, 15:37
Oh! I had a pituitary tumor this weekend! :hugs:

realworrier
29-04-14, 15:43
I have had a pretty messed up few months! Have had nasal/sinus cancer for a month or so, since that passed it was breast cancer, skin cancer and just this week brain tumour and bone cancer!!!
I'm exhausted went to the drs this morning and we have both decided its the contraceptive implant most likely giving me back my heightened anxiety. Will have to have it out and see if I go back to my old self.
Shame as I was enjoying have no monthly visitor!!

unsure_about_this
29-04-14, 15:59
In the last 24-28 months I have been to the GP a number of times (only once this year so far - this was I concerned about one of my NF lumps and asked could I be refer to have it removed and I was worried about testicular cancer again)

I have worried about if I have had bowel cancer, pancreatic cancer, lung cancer, stomach cancer, brain tumours, skin cancer, mouth cancer/oral cancer, oral melanoma because of a mark on my gums (turned out that was from my root canal work I had done in 2006) worrying about my heart.

I have had a number of scans because of my abdominal pain (not believing GPs it was just IBS) and had the camera up my rear end which was not fun, quite painful.

I used to Google a lot back in 2012 and 2013 (with reading daily mail health a lot, slaps wrist) coming back from holiday on Saturday (without having to Google on holiday, using a tablet makes it harder for me) I have don't wanting to Google even though it is tempting again.

Mrschurchill
29-04-14, 16:42
Aaah I also read DailyMail health!!!

Worried 24/7
29-04-14, 17:07
Oh! I had a pituitary tumor this weekend! :hugs:

That made me smile.....lol

---------- Post added at 21:07 ---------- Previous post was at 21:05 ----------

I'm majorly struggling with leg pains today. Sharp sporadic pains all over my buddy actually but the legs are the worst. I'm sure it's lymphoma. Or hiv. Or hepatitis.

AlexandriaUK
29-04-14, 17:40
Makes me wonder what we did without Dr Google to help us diagnose our selves, I know I shouldn't say this but would someone with HA be cured if they get dementia,being serious here.

panic89
29-04-14, 18:31
Today I'm almost positive I'm going to have a heart attack from my heart palpitation's or liver failure that may be disguised as sludge in my gallbladder.

unsure_about_this
29-04-14, 19:32
I used to be very bad checking my poop in the bowl, urine (still do this quite a lot) yes forgot about organ failure as another concern of mine.

I also tried to avoid watching health programmes, when I was going through health anxiety my mum had to cover my eyes because of a charity van to raise much needed funds for MacMillan even though this is an important charity, like cancer research and other charities.

Hellly
29-04-14, 20:45
You are not alone........this week I have worried about brain tumours, a swollen lymph node, the lump feeling my throat, cervical cancer, bowel cancer, kidney and pancreas problems. My new worry is that my last smear test was wrong (have had a few abnormal ones, but the last one was clear)!!!

My husband wants to block google from my computer to stop me ending up in tears every night. I also read the daily mail health........ That website should be banned for its scare tactics!!!

Worried 24/7
29-04-14, 22:05
I am so worried about these sharp pains in my legs right now that I almost can't function :-(

Amandala
29-04-14, 22:17
I have no idea really, my doc wants to test my hormones to see if that's causing my anxiety to be so out of control. Got all worked up about them finding adrenal and pituitary tumors...damn google!

tuesdayschild44
29-04-14, 23:04
I am the same way, I thought for a day or so that I had lyme, rabies, ms now als went to the Dr yesterday said I have no bicep reflex and my arm is weak to him. So now I get to go have an emg. This all started with tingling, that was in one leg now arms and hand, it comes and goes so is that the anxiety? From what people are saying then it is right?

worryworryworry
01-05-14, 16:15
yesterday IBC, today bowel C, this afternoon pituitary again :roflmao:

Amandala
01-05-14, 16:24
Hehe...past 2 days have been esophageal cancer and this morning I also have a collapsed lung that I refuse to believe is a muscle pull :)

Worried 24/7
01-05-14, 16:45
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I have parasites that have infested my entire body....or fibro...our rheumatoid arthritis....or lymphoma. Or hypochondria.

UKmamainUS
06-05-14, 15:47
Mine don't bounce around so much as extend logically from one to another. E.g last week I found a swollen lymph node. Was paranoid - couple appts later the word skin cancer is mentioned as one of the possible reasons a lymph node might be swollen - then I get paranoid about my moles (skin cancer is probably my absolute biggest fear - I have more moles than I could ever count despite being very fair, and I live a mile high where the sun seems to cook me like a rotisserie if I don't take precautions).

unsure_about_this
08-05-14, 22:19
I forgot to add testicular cancer to the mixed, with penile cancer and prostate cancer I am 30 and have worried about penile cancer and prostate cancer as much as testicular cancer.
In the past must have self exam my testicles up to 60 times per day at one stage last year, doing it less per day now, but still I been to the GP once this year because I thought I felt something, was just a tube.
Most worrying I have thought I could have a cancer only females can get, but know that I had abdominal scan something would have been picked up.

luc
08-05-14, 22:37
The best of it is that at 11 AM you might think this is it, it is real this time ...... panic,sweat, no way forward, how to go on etc and by 3PM your back doing the same with a different disease. MY husband says " skin cancer, what happened to this morning's ovarian cancer?". Bloody exhausting!!!!!!

Fizzy Warrior
09-05-14, 10:29
I love this website! I love threads like this! I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't love that there are so many people with anxieties, but what I do love is that those anxieties are so similar to my own! Makes me realise I'm not alone in this! Yes, I too jump from one disease to another. I can never just think "oh, I've got a tickly cough"; I think "Oh God, I've got lung/throat cancer!" It's never just a headache; it's a brain tumour. Never indigestion; it's a heart attack... and so on... often all within the same week or sometimes, even the same day. When I stop and take a step back and look at it logically, I can see how irrational I am being, and if it were someone else telling me about their symptoms, I would be (and often have been) the calm voice of reason, reassuring them that it's not the terrible disease they think it is. But I somehow can't apply that logic to myself, it all goes out the window and I enter "The Zone" of worry and despair, convinced I've finally pinpointed what the problem is that's been bothering me all this time, and has affected every part of my body from my head to my toes, and it's now going to kill me imminently. Until I hear of some new symptom, then I'll quickly develop that too, and suddenly I don't have smallpox anymore, now I have leprosy.

Anyway... I'm glad to be in such good company! :)

balkanman
19-05-14, 01:34
I have this dull pain between my shoulder blades for about 2 months now. I am 47 years old and overall healthy. Had colonoscopy about a year ago and found out that I have ulcerative colitis. The pain gets better at night and comes back by mid morning. I have no other pain or symptoms except my colon problems with stool from time to time... I exercise regularly and am pretty healthy overall. Pain has been more persistant lately and a bit stronger. Before it would go and come back during the day.. I ran a marathon about month ago and pain acctually went away during the race.. I am really afraid this could be pancreatic cancer..I dont wanna be late because I know it is discover usually too late.
I have had "most" of the cancers so far..This is the one of the rare that was left..Hopefully I will survive this one too..I wish you the same..It is amazing what our minds can produce and create!

TK
19-05-14, 05:17
Yep! The past month or so it's been breast cancer, cervical cancer, enlarged spleen, lymphoma, and today mouth cancer due to having a tounge ulcer for over a week now. It's exhausting! Xx

I had the exact same thing with the tongue ulcer, I only noticed it today and instantly thought the worst..

I'm going to get it checked out by my doctor but knowing that you have it aswell has reassured me a little. I guess it's something anxiety-related.

---------- Post added at 05:17 ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 ----------

I have this dull pain between my shoulder blades for about 2 months now. I am 47 years old and overall healthy. Had colonoscopy about a year ago and found out that I have ulcerative colitis. The pain gets better at night and comes back by mid morning. I have no other pain or symptoms except my colon problems with stool from time to time... I exercise regularly and am pretty healthy overall. Pain has been more persistant lately and a bit stronger. Before it would go and come back during the day.. I ran a marathon about month ago and pain acctually went away during the race.. I am really afraid this could be pancreatic cancer..I dont wanna be late because I know it is discover usually too late.
I have had "most" of the cancers so far..This is the one of the rare that was left..Hopefully I will survive this one too..I wish you the same..It is amazing what our minds can produce and create!

If you get an ache/chill sensation in your shoulder blade(s), I wouldn't worry about it. I have had the exact same symptoms and I went to the doctors about it. It turns out I just don't sit up straight and my muscles are being pulled.. which makes a lot of sense because Anxiety/stress tenses your muscles and makes you more prone to aches/pains.

sedalia
19-05-14, 16:01
I came on this forum last week for the first time in a long while , as my husband had a lump on his neck, and I started to get health anxiety over it (even tho he didn't seem to concerned about it). Well, stupidly, and heaven knows why, I started reading through other peoples health worries, one of which was stomach upsets. Lo and behold, guess who has had an upset stomach for the last couple of days?! Now I'm getting myself in a state about stomach cancer, ovarian cancer, and even tho I'm female I will probably progress to prostate cancer. I "had" skin cancer a few weeks ago when I was trying on some make up under the bright lights in Superdrug and saw my complexion in detail. I just want to cry, as everyone else says, it is so exhausting. There is no respite from it. My biggest fear is that one day my symptoms will really turn out to be something life threatening, not just anxiety. How will I cope then? (My original anxiety which turned into agoraphobia was brought on in 2008 when I was convinced I'd caught tapeworm from my cat!) Every 3 years I go through a major panic when I'm due a smear test, next year I'm due for my first mammogram and I'm already getting in a state about it.

UKmamainUS
19-05-14, 20:19
I totally bounce around like that. It really is exhausting. Sometimes I am so tired just from worrying about what illnesses I have I just want to give up. I wish I could just turn my brain off.

Worried 24/7
20-05-14, 04:35
I'm currently worrying about lymphoma and hpv... another trip to the er today with white sediment in urine stomach tender spots but the doctor could've cared less. Did get diagnosed with BV and put on antibiotics which is a relief because I've had burning pain for a couple weeks now. Eveyry ache and pain is a new disease and my symptom list could roll out the door and into the next town... it's not even the pain, it's the worry about the pain....

unsure_about_this
20-05-14, 08:09
I am back with the bowel and brain tumour worries again, I had a lot of scans last year of my abdominal and camera up backside, but still I worrying that something is still there and has not been picked up.
As for brain tumour foolish reading online stuff (I lasted three days no google health conditions and reading daily mail) I have NF so read about a slight increased risk of brain tumours, I have had two eye exams last year because I was so worried about my vision

livinginacave
20-05-14, 08:21
I sat out in the sun too much recently and got slight sunburn, could not sleep and actually told some people I have got skin cancer this time, again.

Cusper
21-05-14, 02:45
Thank you for this thread! Last year I had (or convinced myself that I had) pancreatic, cervical, stomach, bladder, kidney, colon cancer. MS, ALS... lots more too. lately I have been having pains in my legs... started with my shins and now it's the top of my legs..now I am back to ALS. The brain is a powerful thing... i wish I can learn how to do amazing things with it instead of abusing myself.

Limey
27-06-14, 23:41
Tell me about it. This year I've had; breast cancer, IBC, MS, Rectal Cancer, Brain tumour, bone cancer, a DVT, and now, my current worry is Mouth Cancer, due to my recent discovery of an exostosis, and a yellowish spot behind my impacted wisdom tooth (which thankfully is to be removed in 3 weeks.)

unsure_about_this
29-06-14, 14:50
I am now worrying about penile cancer again, even though I am 30 I always checking myself.

any time I get a mouth ulcer I think this could be mouth cancer or more likely panic this is mouth cancer, even though the ulcer disappears after a week.

back still about rectal cancer/bowel cancer even though I been checked out last year with four scans and everything looks fine/okay nothing found still not convinced even though by now I be very ill if something was missed which should not have been thee.

dac0273
01-07-14, 20:36
Hi all
Today and now I have pains and sensations all on my left side , in the left side of my head , left leg, left arm , I'm worried it could be either a brain Tumor causing this or stoke , oh and I think I may have lung cancer so been to doctors today and arranged a scan . I just can't stop worrying . Deb x

Worried 24/7
08-07-14, 22:09
I'm currently worrying about HIV, hpv, oral cancer, impetigo, herpes....so sick of worrying :'(

newborn
08-07-14, 22:10
I always think I have every cancer haha, first it's mole cancer, then its colon cancer, quite bad feeling like this.

luc
08-07-14, 22:37
Mole cancer:winks: !

unsure_about_this
10-07-14, 18:42
Even though I had a brain scan which came back fine.

Worried about my vision again, why do i think it could be eye cancer, melanoma. anxiety tiredness, rubbing them to much, dry eyes. This was bought on by something this week.

I know something would have been picked up with my brain, if something was wrong with my eyes, brains etc with the scan, possible with my urine, if there can spot a problem with your eyes with a urine test.

Fishmanpa
10-07-14, 19:14
Even though I had a brain scan which came back fine.

Worried about my vision again, why do i think it could be eye cancer, melanoma. anxiety tiredness, rubbing them to much, dry eyes. This was bought on by something this week.

I know something would have been picked up with my brain, if something was wrong with my eyes, brains etc with the scan, possible with my urine, if there can spot a problem with your eyes with a urine test.

Maybe if you're missing the bowl and peeing on your shoes ;)

Positive thoughts

Molochop
26-09-14, 14:42
I actually have the same problem of just letting my worries get to me. I used to get extremely bad headaches when I was a teen which used to wake me up at night and since my mum was suffering of a brain tumour at the time I was convinced it was definitely that. They eventually disappeared with no problem. The thing is that it was because I wasn't eating correctly and had my meals at irregular times. Also I had to deal with alot of stress at that time. Even when I had a little rash I worried so much that it might be meningitis and kept prodding it every few seconds to see whether it would fade. Now, I'm diagnosing myself with ovarian/cervical/bowel cancer just because I've been having stretching/sore pain on my right side and back and bladder problems as well (going to get it checked out though). Most of the time it's nothing , but it's best to get it checked out just in case. I've heard that CBT helps as well to control your thoughts.