PDA

View Full Version : AHHH!!

halfwayhome
06-12-06, 09:45
This post has two points:

1) My well meaning boyfriend blocked google from our computer. He's amazing.. but I feel very not good about it!

2) My mother used her power of persuasian.. and managed to get me fit in for an appointment with my old psychaitrist for TOMORROW afternoon. I'm so not ready yet.. I'm scared. Any support would be REALLY welcome!

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

xoxox

Chopper
06-12-06, 10:14
Mornin' Halfway,

I know it's difficult and even positive things, like your appointment, can appear daunting but it's important to try and embrace the future. Just look at your username, half way home, a cold, dark, wet night in the middle of winter and you're half way home to a caring partner, a warm welcome, bowl of soup, glass of wine, favourite tv programme, day off tomorrow - good feeling isn't it?[^]

Happiness and light to you,
'Chopper'

I saw her once, one little while, and then no more:
’Twas Eden’s light on Earth a while, and then no more.
Amid the throng she passed along the meadow-floor:
Spring seemed to smile on Earth awhile, and then no more;
But whence she came, which way she went, what garb she wore
I noted not; I gazed a while, and then no more!

James Clarence Mangan 1803 - 1849

SamJay
06-12-06, 10:43
Hi Halfway,
You'll get used to not 'Googling'...it's for the best! :-) I had to stop too...
Your appointment will be fine tomorrow...it'll be good to talk to somebody about things and they can offer different advice & support. Is your Mum going along with you too?
Let us all know how it goes...xxx
SamJay

halfwayhome
06-12-06, 10:52
She's going to take me, but I don't think I'm going to have her actually come IN with me.. I don't think I'd be able to be as honest with her there..

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

xoxox

halfwayhome
06-12-06, 10:53
Thanks.. I'm trying very hard to think of it like that, but because of my overwhelming fear that he's going to ACTUALLY think I have a brain tumor (even though two other doctors didn't.), or is going to send me for a CT scan, I feel my anxiety will be even WORSE tomorrow..

xoxox

Nel
06-12-06, 12:17
Blocking google is for the best. My hubby has blocked me from the net entirely on a few occassions, wikipedia is always blocked now.
When I talk to any of my family about my anxiety (meds I've been asked to try, symptoms etc.) they ask 'did the doc tell you that, or wikipedia'? It's become a kind of running joke with them [|)];)

jill
06-12-06, 12:34
Hi halfwayhome :D

Its great to hear your not googleing and feeling good about it [^]:D

What you have to understand about anxiety it that she feeds us with many, many negative things, you say you are not ready yet, your scared, yet every morining and every minute off the day you get up and face your fears, you have courage within you to do this, courage is doing what your afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you are scared. YOU have it within you courage, you face fear every day.

YOU CAN DO THIS YOU ARE READY, it Mrs anxiety who's saying your not and you ARE NOT MR ANXIETY, you are your own person.

Look more on this visit as a step towards recovery, a step towards understanding things more, understanding is the key.

You can do this,

let us know how things go

You take care

LOVE JILLXX

You are searching for the magic key that will unlock
the the door to the source of power,
and yet you have the key in your own hands,
and you may use it the moment you learn
to control your thoughts.

999madmax
06-12-06, 13:02
Halfwayhome,
Great to hear that your Google free, tough but worthwhile..
Also great to see that you have an app with Psychaitrist and hope it goes well for you. Keep as much strenth forit and open up as much as you can, as it will benefit you long term!!
Dont give up and hang in there.
Take care

LOL
Madmax
-*-

yorkylover
06-12-06, 13:39
You have a very loving boyfriend,very supportive for him to block google,best thing he could have done for you.Good luck with the appoinment.

Ellen XX

Stew
07-12-06, 09:43
You'll thank him in the end for blocking Google, it's a minefield on there, i was sure my anxiety was giving me the same symptoms whilst i was bloody reading it!!

Your better off without it.

"Forget Perfection, You'll Never Reach it'