PDA

View Full Version : numbness issues im having(reading this helps)

eve22
29-04-14, 18:30
I HOPE I HELP SOMEONE WITH THIS INFO!!

Numbness and Tingling

Numbness Tingling (Sensory loss; Paresthesias; Numbness and Tingling; Loss of sensation):

You feel as though a part of your skin or body feels numb to the touch or tingles. It may also feel like it has been frozen with anesthesia. This numb patch may be small or encompass many parts of the body such as an arm, hand, finger, face, mouth, lips, tongue, leg, foot, or toe, or all of them.

While numbness and tingling can occur anywhere on the body, it’s most common on the hands, feet, arms, and legs.

Numbness and tingling can also be accompanied by pins and needles and burning skin sensations.

The affected area(s) may remain constant, or they may change and randomly appear anywhere and anytime. Repeated visual inspections show no skin abnormalities.

Numbness and tingling can be caused by a number of factors including:

Remaining in the same position (seated or standing) for a long time
Injury or pressure on a nerve (for example, a back injury can cause numbness in the legs or feet, and a neck injury can cause numbness in the arms and hands).
Pressure on the spinal nerves (for example, due to a herniated disk)
Lack of blood supply to an area (for example, restricted blood flow–we often refer to it as “falling asleep,” or for medical reason such as, plaque buildup from atherosclerosis–this can cause pain, numbness, and tingling)
Side effects from certain medications
A lack of vitamin B12 or other vitamins
From radiation therapy
Toxic action on the nerves, such as from alcohol, tobacco, or lead
Abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in the body
Numbness and tingling can also be caused by other medical conditions, including:

Carpal tunnel syndrome
Diabetes
Migraines
Multiple sclerosis
Seizures
Stroke
Transient ischemic attack (TIA)
Underactive thyroid
Numbness and tingling are very common symptoms of stress, anxiety, fear, and panic.

:bighug1:

Fishmanpa
29-04-14, 19:18
It's also a rather common anxiety symptom ;)

Numbness or tingling in hands and feet

What you feel:

You feel pins and needles in your hands and feet, or other parts of your body. Sometimes you get a feeling like a particular area of your body is numb or frozen. Other times you may feel a burning sensation in your arms, legs or face.

What causes this:

Since the nervous system conveys touch sensations to the brain, when the nervous system is over stimulated, it can sometimes send impaired information which will often be felt as a numbness, tingling or pins and needles. For example, when an individual pinches a nerve they usually feel the results of this as numbness or tingling in a certain part of the body.

Because the entire skin area of the body is touch sensitive (nerves cells connected to the brain through the nervous system network), any part of the skin or body can feel numb, tingly or as pins and needles.

Typically this sensation comes and goes, and will affect a wide range of body areas off and on. It's nothing to be concerned with and will subside once the nervous system gets sufficient rest.

eve22
29-04-14, 19:49
Yes it is, some days are worse then others!

Pipcox78
29-04-14, 19:52
I get this symptom when I have been hyperventilating one of the awful things with anxiety

eve22
29-04-14, 19:55
lately mine are just there, its like i lost a percent of my touch all over my body, it also messing with my breathing!!