PDA

View Full Version : Good day

ShortyW84
29-04-14, 20:48
Hi all
Just wanted to share with you all that I've had a good couple of days! I have been struggling for 4 months with my health anxiety every day has been living hell! I have just finished my 1st month of citalopram! Not sure if this is what has helped or whether it's just being surrounded by great people!
Yesterday I had a work team building day! I only work three days a week but haven't managed a full 3 days in the office in months due to my anxiety! The day was amazing we had it at a safari park and I even met an elephant! I felt back to my normal self an ate loads which has been a major issue of mine (lack of appitite)
Today was one of my days off and I manage t fill it with family and friends to help destract me! Worke a treat and I have just finished a ten mile run! My health anxiety hit me for a while today convinced I have a brain tumour but I manage to bat it away! I mean I'm sure I wouldn't be able to run 10 miles if I was seriously ill! Bak to work tomorrow for three days solid and hope I can keep it up :-)
The tingling that has been driving me crazy has still been there but I have just ignored it
So her is to a good day! If I can do it I'm sure u guys can too xx

Kate408
29-04-14, 20:53
Well done! That's great. I certainly couldn't run that far, so you're doing really well! :-)
And when those intrusive thoughts pop up, just bat them away as you say. They can't hurt you. Keep going and good luck for your work days.
Kate

Oosh
29-04-14, 21:24
Well done :]

Treat the thoughts like a stone in your shoe, annoying but you just carry on.
They'll lose all of their power.