PDA

View Full Version : So worried and sad, liver worries, please help

Misslouread
29-04-14, 22:03
Hi all, I have had liver worries for four year snow and really need your honest opinions. I drank a lot when I started getting health anxiety, a binge drank constantly for about a year, then I started experiencing pale stools like almost white so I got so scared, after googling and seeing liver disease that I have up drinking for three years. I had liver function tests and ultrasounds in this time and everything was normal. My stools went back to a normal brown colour and I was ok. I then started drinking again a year ago but very moderately and I will have a big night out about once a week but two weeks ago my stools started turning yellow after drink, so I have stopped drinking for a week but they are still a greeny yellow colour, I'm so scared I've done damage to my liver, does it sound like I have!? Please please help. Xx

nomorepanic
29-04-14, 22:47
There is no way we can answer that I am afraid as every person is different so why not see the doc and ask for some blood tests maybe or just their advice on it all

Misslouread
29-04-14, 23:01
I have had liver function tests and waiting on results but has anyone experienced similar symptoms!? X

nomorepanic
29-04-14, 23:59
Well yes there are loads of posts about different coloured stools from all ranges of colours and nothing bad was ever found if that helps?

Misslouread
30-04-14, 13:42
Hi all still worrying about the below, do these sound like typical liver damage symptoms to anyone?

swgrl09
30-04-14, 13:57
I don't know anything about liver damage, but am glad you are having all the tests done for your peace of mind! I'm sure they will be normal again ...

I will say sometimes I have light yellow or green stools if they pass through my body too quickly. Sometimes when I drink or eat certain foods, they rush right on through and because of that the stool doesn't have time to turn browner. Do you have IBS or anything like that?

Misslouread
30-04-14, 14:19
Hi Swgrl09 thank you for your reply, Yes I do get IBS but i worry because the colour changes after I drink and this is what happenned last time i was drinking before I gave up for 3 years :/

also if the Liver Function tests come back normal does that definitely mean everything is ok?

Thank you again

Fishmanpa
30-04-14, 14:39
Hi Swgrl09 thank you for your reply, Yes I do get IBS but i worry because the colour changes after I drink and this is what happenned last time i was drinking before I gave up for 3 years :/

also if the Liver Function tests come back normal does that definitely mean everything is ok?

Thank you again

That's a pretty obvious question and I think you know the answer to that ;)

The real issue here is the behavior and anxiety related to it. Drinking and anxiety don't mix and the toll it takes on your body is well documented. To alleviate the liver fears and lessen the anxiety, abstaining from alcohol would obviously be the prudent thing to do. Drinking and worrying about your liver is akin to smoking and worrying about lung cancer.

Positive thoughts

Misslouread
01-05-14, 10:25
Thank you for your replies, i think the problem though fishmanpa is that i am getting the real life symptoms of yellow stools after drinking and they are yellow straight after drinking which seems to have a correlation!?

Fishmanpa
01-05-14, 12:59
Thank you for your replies, i think the problem though fishmanpa is that i am getting the real life symptoms of yellow stools after drinking and they are yellow straight after drinking which seems to have a correlation!?

Absolutely there's a correlation. If your liver function tests are normal then your liver is normal. If you're pooping yellow after drinking and your liver function is normal what's the correlation?

Positive thoughts

Misslouread
01-05-14, 14:10
But it’s the fact its straight after drinking and every website says yellow means liver problems!?

Fishmanpa
01-05-14, 14:53
But it’s the fact its straight after drinking and every website says yellow means liver problems!?

What does the real doctor say?

Positive thoughts

Misslouread
01-05-14, 18:05
They said they are not worried, I got liver function tests back and all normal, but do you have to have them done twice to get an accurate reading?

Fishmanpa
01-05-14, 18:07
They said they are not worried, I got liver function tests back and all normal, but do you have to have them done twice to get an accurate reading?

There you go... Now... cut out the drinking! Nuff said :)

Positive thoughts