PDA

View Full Version : Turning my back away on sumthing so fun!

Rennie1989
01-08-04, 15:32
I feel so bad now! heres y

a few days ago my dad took me to dover to get sailing lessons, well just 2 see whether if i need to bring sertain things and cost. wen we got bak home he sed 2 me whether if i wanna do it but heres the prob, im social phobic and i cant go into groups of peeps who i donno. i turned agenst it and i dont forgive myself

i just donno wat 2 do now, i feel so gutted and misserable [xx(]:([}:)]

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears

kate
01-08-04, 15:41
Hi Jade,

I think that we all, at one time or another, feel that we have let down people we love.

I bet you are feeling guilty cos your dad took the time to try to sort you out with an activity which he thought you would find enjoyable.

I have beaten myself up over this type of situation on numerous occasions :(

Would you feel better going into the situation with someone you know? Could you get a friend to join with you so that at least there will be one familiar face there?

If this isn't possible, try to explain to your dad that although you appreciate the fact that he tried to organise an activity for you, you do not feel comfortable with it.

Is there another activity that all of your family could get invloved with?

Me, hubby and the kids all enrolled at the fitness center so that we would all do something together.

Anyway, whatever you decide, don't be too hard on yourself. Guilty feelings eat away at you, and do no good whatsoever.

Good luck!

Kate x

Rennie1989
01-08-04, 15:58
hiya kate

dad hasnt spoken about it since so i think he sort of found out that i wasnt comfortable wid it

i do try to go swimmin but no1 is there 2 cum wid me, they always make excusses owell, iv got the PC, lol

i will try and get involved in sumot 1day

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears