PDA

View Full Version : Hello There Peeps

Wilburis
06-12-06, 11:06
Hi. My name is Liz and have been told Im suffering with anxiety attacks for some 7 weeks now. Its ruining my life and feel its my own fault as they only started when I took Clomid (Ive got polycystic ovaries and this is suppose to make my ovulate). Ive got much conflicting evidence from doctors, pharmacists, etc. I really dont understand that some doctors say it is not related to the medication, as the attacks only started after taking the tablets.

My symptoms are feeling faint, eyesight goes weird, feeling like Im not really here!?, hot and cold, heart racing. Im continuously taking my pulse and basically just lie on the sofa all day in anticipation for an attack to happen. I cant go out incase it happens if I am driving.

Doctor has given my Diazipam but I want him to test my heart. How does he know that I dont have a problem with my heart. Now I worry continuously about that!!!

Sorry to be so moany and pathetic. It is just nice to get it off my chest!!

Thanks for taking the time to listen to my whinging.

Liz xx

honeybee3939
06-12-06, 11:13
Hi Liz

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice here while making new friends on the way.:D

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

manmoor
06-12-06, 12:21
Hi Liz,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

yorkylover
06-12-06, 13:23
Hi Lizzie and welcome.You will get lots of support here,and helpful advise.;)

Ellen XX

Ma Larkin
06-12-06, 14:13
Hi Lizzie, welcome to NMP. Have a good roam around the site and you will find lots of stories similar to yours. The heart symptoms I personally think are the most scariest. There is nothing worse than getting palpitations, missed beats, etc., which makes you constantly check your pulse and makes you worry even more. Its a classical symptom of anxiety and one that tends to linger unfortunately. Diazepam is good on a short-term basis for calming you down and taking the edge off the panic/anxiety. I was on Prozac for about 12 months, which really suited me and stopped my panic attacks altogether. I came off Prozac about 6 weeks ago and the panic attacks are now back unfortunately.

If you are really worried about your heart I would request an ECG, which would put your mind at rest. Its a quick and easy test, normally done at your local hospital (I went to my A&E department).

Hope you get some reassurance from the site.

Les, x

feels_like_home
06-12-06, 21:36
Hi Liz,
I understand how you have been feeling (I have very similar symptoms). You will have your good days and bad days. I have learned to just take it one day at a time. This helps me to enjoy the good days and put the bad days into perspective.
Take care,
Michelle

Lynnann
06-12-06, 22:21
Hi Liz,

Welcome to the forum, you will make some good friends here and get some great advice and support along the way.

Hugs to you

Lynnann

wobily_lin
06-12-06, 22:32
elo LIz,

a very big welcome to the site...ye get great support on here and good advice...glad to hav ye on board...

Take care,

Lin.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

candie
07-12-06, 09:18
Hi Lizzie,

Welcome to the forum,you will find some great support here!!

Take care,Candie xxxx:D

Wilburis
07-12-06, 12:55
[:X]Hi there everyone.

I hope you are all having a good day today.

Thank you so much for the messages, its really nice to think other people care and are in the same situation.

I appear to be getting more support here than at my GPs!!

I have taken Diazipam for three days now and have not really had much symptoms apart from still waiting for an attack to happen and my heart pounding a bit, but I really dont want to take drugs, does anyone know of anything herbal?

Many thanks

Liz xx

Lindalou64
07-12-06, 14:17
HI LIZ
WELCOME .......WE ALL CAN RELATE TO THAT ANXIETY.......HOW IT TOTALLY SUCKS BUT IM SURE YA WILL FIND ALOT OF INFO AND GOOD PEOPLE TO .......WISH YA THE BEST.........LINDA TC[8D]

trac67
07-12-06, 16:44
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

feels_like_home
08-12-06, 03:52
Hi Liz,

I am like you and don't want to take drugs because I am too afraid of the side effects. I take rescue remedy and that helps a lot.

Take Care,

Michelle