PDA

View Full Version : Bruised leg: Fibromyalgia, or...?

bulan
30-04-14, 01:02
Fibromyalgia can cause unexplained pain anywhere in the body.

But...

That means other symptoms can easily hide behind the Fibro label.

Right now I have consistent pain on my upper right leg, on the side, just below my hip, and I'm struggling to determine the cause:

Is it just a random fibro pain, or is it from lying on that side too much at night, or could it be something else?

Basically, it feels like a bruise, and it's painful whether I put pressure on it or move my leg certain ways. It feels like it's in the tissue somewhere, not in the bone, and I've had it on and off for several months.

Can anyone relate, or shed some light on this?

blue moon
30-04-14, 03:55
Have you been diagnosed with this?,

bulan
30-04-14, 04:01
With fibromyalgia? Yes, I was diagnosed about 10 years ago.

The symptoms were crazy when it first began--I wasn't expecting it, so I was in and out of the doctor's office and emergency room. First I thought I had meningitis. Then I thought I had a hyperactive thyroid. Then I thought I had a neurological issue, MS, gum disease, flesh eating disease...

Everything else was ruled out, so the diagnosis of fibromyalgia was made.

The symptoms were mostly predictable much of the time since then.

But this January a bunch of strange, new symptoms popped up. And while each of them has been resolved as one innocent problem or another, new symptoms keep coming up. This leg 'bruise' is the latest. And while my history shows that it also probably has an innocent cause, my health anxiety is already in high gear, so I find it unnerving. :(