PDA

View Full Version : Pregabalin Success

london79
30-04-14, 02:24
Hi there

I have suffered with depression many years and been on all sorts of SSRI's. In recent years I have developed a severe health anxiety and many SSRI do not help.

The medication I found to be the most awful was sertraline. I had about 10 side effects and stopped after 2 days.

As I say I'm a bit of an expert on 'mental health medications' as I have taken so many over the years.

Over the years the SSRI that helped the most was Escitralopram, some GP's will try and prescribe the cheaper Citralopram but I always had fewer side effects on Escitralopram. I am currently taking 20mg a day.

My psychiatrist wanted to try to add something to help with my OCD as I sometimes felt the escitralopram was not touching this. It was agreed that we would add 75mg Pregabalin twice a day. This was then increased to 150mg twice daily.

I can honestly say I think this is the best medication combination that I have been on.

AnxiousBaker
30-04-14, 09:31
Fantastic that youve found a good combo of meds. Can be a struggle to find one that works well at times.

hanshan
02-05-14, 10:40
I take mirtazapine and pregabalin, which works well for me. I have experimented with reducing one or other of the medications, but felt the negative thoughts creeping back in. This may be a withdrawal effect, but I really don't want to hang on to see - I'm happy to go back to the combination and dose that works for me.