PDA

View Full Version : Graphic having stomach issues worried

billythefraud
30-04-14, 02:59
Hello everyone so for the past week I have developed loose stool when I eat anything 20 min later I have to rush to the bathroom. Im really freaking out it could be some symptom of Cancer Pancreatic or Colon. I just finished Antibiotics for pneumonia 4 days ago . Can anyone help im really worried. By the way im a 30 male non smoker

bulan
30-04-14, 03:05
I had similar symptoms when my anxiety was at its worst. But once I got my anxiety down to a minimum, the symptoms went away. I'm not sure about the way those antibiotics would affect you, but I do know how powerful anxiety on its own can be on the digestive system.

MyNameIsTerry
30-04-14, 04:36
When I had pneumonia about 20 years ago, it caused me to have a lower count of platelets in my blood which put me on my backside for weeks.

Could it be that your immune system is still recovering? Maybe you have a temporary intolerance to certain foods because of it? It would be worth talking to your GP about this because it has come as a result of your illness & treatment so they will be able to recommend next steps to resolve it.

Antibiotics weaken the immune system as well and kill off the good gut flora, allowing the bad gut flora to thrive unchecked for a while. I wonder if a build up in that area could cause this? I question it because if you look at reviews of probiotic supplements, a lot of IBS sufferers who have no joy on meds for their conditions find that probiotics do what the meds can't.

billythefraud
30-04-14, 05:07
[QUOTE=MyNameIsTerry;1311032]When I had pneumonia about 20 years ago, it caused me to have a lower count of platelets in my blood which put me on my backside for weeks.

Could it be that your immune system is still recovering? Maybe you have a temporary intolerance to certain foods because of it? It would be worth talking to your GP about this because it has come as a result of your illness & treatment so they will be able to recommend next steps to resolve it.

Antibiotics weaken the immune system as well and kill off the good gut flora, allowing the bad gut flora to thrive unchecked for a while. I wonder if a build up in that area could cause this? I question it because if you look at reviews of probiotic supplements, a lot of IBS sufferers who have no joy on meds for their conditions find that probiotics do what the meds can't.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the feedback that helps :) I didn't know Antibiotics kills the good bacteria

Button1
30-04-14, 11:31
Antibiotics, especially broad spectrum ones are notorious for killing the good bacteria in the gut. I had 2 weeks of exactly the same thing when I was last on them- it's absolutely not sinister, it happens to ALOT of people. My HA is totally around bowel cancer and my GP talked me through what would most likely happen to my gut when she prescibed the anti-b's so I wouldn't freak out when the inevitable happened.

You can relax!