PDA

View Full Version : Shortness of breath/Reflux

DaProdigy
30-04-14, 07:01
I've been having this problem when breathing in sometimes I feel like I almost lose it. It doesn't happen consistently but has been happening more recently. It almost feels like something's coming up my throat. Also I have a feeling of coughing. Anybody else had these problems? I know my anxiety makes it worse and laying down seems to worsen it as well. Thank you.

kellylou89
01-05-14, 11:42
Hiya, i had this terribly when i was first diagnose with reflux, it scared me that much i went to the hosp because i just couldnt catch my breath (and i have a huge fear of going to hospitals) it started of with shortness of breath here and there but then woke up
One morning and i juat couldnt catch my breath at all. After
Been put on heart monitors i was told my heart was fine and diagnosed with reflux, i also has a hot feeling in my chest and back and all made worse if i lay down flat

Oosh
01-05-14, 12:07
This is really odd. Years ago when i used to overtrain, in the evenings i couldnt get my breathe.
It felt like when you tried to breathe in you couldnt get any relief.
I thought it was exhaustion.

I went to the doctors and told him i was having difficulty breathing and he gave me milk of magnesia.

I thought he`d lost his marbles. To this day ive recited this story, explaining to people how incompetent this doctor was haha.

He said it was maybe acid reflux, but i never ever had any acid so didnt get it at all.

To me, id gone for breathing and he`d given me something for stomach.

So who knows, maybe he was right. Never had any acid though, i just couldnt breathe. It was very disturbing.

DaProdigy
04-05-14, 05:18
Have you had that problem since Oosh?

Oosh
04-05-14, 09:04
Well I never took the milk of magnesia.

I think I ended up starting a college courses and didn't have time to overtrain anymore and it eventually it went away.

At the time I never knew what it was you see. It was only in retrospect I figured it was either exhaustion or, now, acid reflux.

So, milk of magnesia and rest I'd imagine would sort it.