PDA

View Full Version : Is this down to my anxiety?

Nel
06-12-06, 11:52
I get a burning sensation, not painful - just hot all over my arms, legs and face. It feels hot to me, but when I ask hubby to touch my skin or take my temp they are fine. I seem to get it only in the afternoon. I don't sweat or anything - I just feel my skin is hot. It can last for a few hours, anyone else ever get this?

halfwayhome
06-12-06, 11:56
Yeah, always.
Especially on the backs of my hands and my feet.
I also feel hot - like my breath & inside my mouth - but it's not actually any hotter than normal, haha.

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

xoxox

jill
06-12-06, 12:02
Hi Nel

I have had a burning senation due to anxiety, mine felt like my skin had been slighty burned, it felt tender to touch as well.
It is due to the nevre ending.

The nervous system is a very complex network of electrically charged nerves which are found in every square centimeter of your body, around every organ, muscle and across your skin, the largest organ in the body. Abnormal nerve impulses due to anxiety can cause a vast array of strange sensations; although quite harmless these can be very disturbing

Hope this helps, it does pass with time.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Nel
06-12-06, 12:09
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Nel

I have had a burning senation due to anxiety, mine felt like my skin had been slighty burned, it felt tender to touch as well.
It is due to the nevre ending.

The nervous system is a very complex network of electrically charged nerves which are found in every square centimeter of your body, around every organ, muscle and across your skin, the largest organ in the body. Abnormal nerve impulses due to anxiety can cause a vast array of strange sensations; although quite harmless these can be very disturbing

Hope this helps, it does pass with time.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

<div align="right">Originally posted by jill - 06 December 2006 : 12:02:48</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Cheers x

Nel
06-12-06, 18:23
Well, no burning this afternoon! Just shows you, eh. So cheers guys for helping put my mind at ease.

Nel xxx