PDA

View Full Version : not coping today

Amandala
30-04-14, 17:19
Hi everyone,
I'm sorry I keep posting but I am so fed up and confused and scared and I just don't know what to do with myself. I never even have 5 minutes of peace. it's always something! today my throat burns and feels kind of numb and all I can think about it what if I cough up blood? what if my throat closes? I admit I smoke too many cigarettes but was advised not to quit right now, I also have that terrible habit of forcing myself to burp all the time so maybe I'm just irritating the hell out of it. I just know I am dying, no one can feel this way all the time and have no relief even just for a minute.
I've been shaking all day, my mouth is dry, my head feels like its spinning. I tried taking a walk, I went grocery shopping despite driving is terrifying to me, my doctor tells me I have to "ignore the symptoms and act my way in to normalcy"
But I can't do it...I just can't cope. Then I just keep crying because I do everything my CBT and other therapist tell me to do and I just don't see the light.
5 months now of this hell. I am questioning if maybe I need to be sent away to a mental facility. I just want me back.
sorry again for my rant, I just need help

tuesdayschild44
30-04-14, 17:56
I know how you feel, I felt this way for 2 months now and three weeks into a antianxiety and I still feel shaky all day, can't sleep. Went to my dr and now he wants to do a colonoscopy, and an EMG for my diarrhea and my muscle twitches and tingling. But I asked him if it could be anxiety and all he said was I don't know, and now more tests? how am I going to get through this? I tried calling a counselor and there not in, maybe there at lunch, I can't go on this way, I am so scared and sick all the time, I can hardly eat, I have lost weight which is why the dr thinks I need a colonoscopy, but I had my gallbladder out two years ago, and I was on paxil before that which made me gain weight so I was at 150 two years ago, and now down to 120, so 30 lbs. But when I am upset or stressed I can't eat, and panic attacks cause you to lose weight or anxiety too right? I feel for you , I am having the same issues right now, I think something is terribly wrong, my husband says no, but I can't help it.

---------- Post added at 12:56 ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 ----------

I thought that I want to go into someplace too until I get better, but not sure how to go about it. I can't stay home, my husband insists that getting out doing normal things is better for me, but it is so hard sometimes, I want to get better now, I got on an anti depressant anti anxiety three weeks ago, It doesn't seem to help but my husband says it is, because 5 weeks ago, I ended up in the er with a panic attack.
so, i guess, but i still shake and worry, and think i am going to die from whatever this is. So, it has to be me doing this to myself right? But how do you stop? Anyone have any ideas?

Worried 24/7
30-04-14, 18:22
I'm right there with both of you. I'm also afraid to drive very far for fear of having an attack while driving. I feel like my HA has taken complete control of my life