PDA

View Full Version : Long term people and blips.

TJSMITH
30-04-14, 18:26
Want to pick brains of anyone on antidepressants long term ie 1 yr plus.
I am for the most part leading a normal life, however I still have blips lasting on average a week at a time every few weeks.

These blips come and go as they please with no trigger can anyone still relate to this (mad I know lol)
When I go through these blips I get terrified of meds not working blah blah and sinking again. I know that this always passes but doesn't make a difference when feel so scared and anxious again.

please share your experiences xx

TJSMITH
01-05-14, 16:25
Anyone?? Or am I the only longer term on these

SarahH
01-05-14, 16:29
I was previously on Citalopram for 11 yrs (and am now back on it)... yes "blips" occur from time to time. You could either up your dose to see if that helps or learn to accept them...they do pass as you have said.

sarah

nicola1980
01-05-14, 16:33
Hi Tracy, i still have blips that can last upto a week and they scare the life out of me still as i panic just like you've said, i have to keep telling myself that people that don't even take AD's have bad days too and that's all that's happening to us. Lovely to hear from you x x

TJSMITH
01-05-14, 18:40
Thanks ladies for the reply.

I'm already on a high dose and now on hrt too which seems to have widen the distance between these blips from monthly to six weeks or so.
I do write how I feel as when in middle of blips I get so panicky of sinking into deep depression again.

Nic good to hear from you too. I see the cute baby pics you post on fb and hope on the whole you are well??
How's the holidays for you of late? They seem to bring on my blips which a shame as used to love a bit of sun and relaxation but in the plus side between blips I'm probably the happiest I have been in a long time.

Xxxxx

clio51
10-05-14, 18:12
Hi Tracy & Nicola

Just looking through to see if any of the ven old club guys are lurking, and noticed your post.

Tracy, if now is the happiest time you've had then that's brill( your having happy times)
Read you've been Thailand ! Wow that's an enormous goal, such a long way from home and you did it!!!!
Seen you on menopause matters ! Great site for advice.

Nicola, your sister had the baby then! Bet you can't stay away. Glad your mostly doing well, apart from the blips we all get(even though terrifying at the time)

I'm getting through, still few places/people I'm still having to deal with without high anxiety and the rest that goes with it !! Still on 250mg ven.

I don't think there's many people who have gotten rid out anxiety/depression and never had it come back whatever the level! Think when you've got out of the hole it's a struggle to keep it away permanently. Those bloody "what ifs" show there heads and its constant battle to talk to yourself out of it escalating! Well that's how it is for me anyway 30 years this year of on and off anxiety/depression. I suppose I have low level GAD constantly everyday, something I've got to now accept.

Take care xx

anxious2
30-05-14, 16:41
I have been taking sertraline for 2 years and have had the odd blip, having one now which is worst one for a while

Jamesn
02-06-14, 20:55
Hi - I have been off Citalopram for 2 months and I felt fine, but then last 2 weeks started to get snappy, frustrated with work and started negative thoughts. No problems sleeping, diet is fine. Is this a blip? Today I was not great this morning - mind wondering all over with negativity and then since lunch time feel really chilled and normal. What the hell is going on? Any pearls of wisdom out there?

Natalie

Annip
20-06-14, 11:42
Hi Clio, Nicola and tracy
You are still posting. I couldn't find you anywhere and have been missing your posts. Nice to see you still come on here. I talk a lot to Pink on pm but not heard from you all for ages. Hows it all going. Yes I'm still getting blips..but they're always big ones and I find i get different physical symptoms plus the same ones as before,after each one. Clio-you still going card making. I am still going to Mind mostly unless I feel really bad. Not very good at the moment. I have some good times but never feel really happy. Am going to high intensity cbt now..just started. Have a cmht and seeing psych.. Trying to do mindfulness and meditation. Have no go and often feel low.
But lovely to hear from you all. Keep posting as I feel you are the ones who have helped me before.
To anxious and Natalie..it is hard to go back. I go there everytime something bad happens in my life...which has been quite alot recently and I think I will never feel well again but I struggle on and I start to feel moments when I feel better and those moments become longer but it all takes time. Nothing is an instant fix. I often feel better after lunch..don't know why.
Lots of :hugs:to you all xxxannip

Sammylou
20-06-14, 17:34
I have been taking sertraline for 3 years and I still have the odd blip and think im dying etc ect, my blips are usually triggered off by been overtired or hormonal x

Jmac
20-06-14, 19:18
Wow, these posts couldn't have come at a better time for me. I too, am in the midst of a blip right now. I think it has to do with an upcoming plane trip but feels as though it just came out of the blue. I've been on escitaplopram for almost 3 years and would say my blips are every few months or so.
It's really reassuring to know that I'm not alone in that. Especially among the "long-termers". Im' also 52 and menopausal. I'm sure that has much to do with the blips as well.
So glad to have this forum to turn to when in doubt.
Take care all and know that these blips will pass!
Jmac

KeeKee
20-06-14, 19:55
I am no longer on medication but was on Prozac for almost 5 years and had a very large amount of blips. My blips are usually triggered by negative body image or my partner and I arguing.
I'm sure EVERYBODY has them :-)

just-me
20-06-14, 19:58
I've been on imipramine for 39 years and still get quite a few blips...
Knowing that they are only blips and aren't permanent helps me to ride the storm..
Heres to better days for you all :)

Annip
05-07-14, 09:04
Thank you... just me. I am struggling with family issues. Close family and friends that are ill and dying. They are my triggers
Annip