PDA

View Full Version : feeling lost and helpless

ddanny13
01-05-14, 14:00
Hi - I am new to this board

So here is my story. I am 45yr old male with no prior medical conditions before the last two months.

In February, I was treated for Sinusitis and also had some Oral Surgery done. Since that time I have felt really crappy. Chronic congestion and post nasal drip, my right neck lymph node is constantly swollen and hurts, my shoulders and arms ache, dark circles under my eyes, always tired and agitated and I have some palpitations.

Ive been to 2 ENTs, 2 Oral Surgeons, my PMD.

ENT told me I have a severely deviated septum and very bad allergies. Did a CT Scan of sinus and recommended septoplasty and turbinate reduction at some point. Tested positive to 37/40 allergens, and was started on zyrtec and singular. Was told to get a hepafilter and de-allergize my house.

Oral Surgeons say no signs of lingering infection from surgery

PMD did blood work and all was ok.

Followup with ENT yesterday told me to continue allergy meds and add flonase since PND was not subsiding. Said swollen gland and pain was probably part of the inflammatory process Also referred my back to my PMD since my blood pressure was 135/90, 145/92, and 150/90 on subsequent visits. I am seeing him tomorrow.

My ENT and PMD have told me I need to relax. I am very stressed out. I have had minor symptoms of depression and anxiety before this. My wife thinks my anxiety is getting the better of me.

I am looking for opinions. Am I letting anxiety get to me? Should I relax? I never feel sick so is it all in my head? At what point do I discuss anxiety meds? Or should I get another opinion?

Thanks

PS Self Diagnosis on the Internet is the worst thing in the world for me!!

MRS STRESS ED
03-05-14, 23:05
Hi danny its not supprising your feeling like you are sounds like you been threw it ,this will bring on stress and anxiety ,if you feel you need a second opinion then get one ,but it really sounds like anxiety symptoms to me,and as for medication have a chat to your doctor see if its a good idea or maybe cbt aswell and your so right about googling symptoms its a no no hope you start to relax hun and feel better xx