PDA

View Full Version : Advice please, can it all be in my head?

MissAnxiety
01-05-14, 15:47
Hi everyone
I have always noticed I get a dull ache in my stomach on the right hand side underneath my ribs.
Last week I had my hand resting on my side and thought I found a lump, by the time I ran to the bathroom to check it I couldn't find it again and have checked many times since and still can't feel it, so im not sure what I felt
However since then I have had this constant dull ache, it feels like a bubble inside me. It doesn't hurt it's more like pressure.
Could I be imagining it due to thinking I found a lump, could it be my anxiety making it up?
I don't want to go doctors yet as was only there last week due to another problem, completely unrelated and especially not if it is all in my head.
Does anyone else think about things and then symptoms appear?
Thanks for reading. Xxx

Fishmanpa
01-05-14, 18:48
The mind is a very powerful thing. I believe it was Skippy who posted something to the fact that if you think about your foot tingling for example, and focus on that for a few minutes, sure enough it'll start tingling.

Look at the whole Peaches thing... everyone was sure they were going to die after that article came out... no one did ;)

Yep... the mind can do things and trick you into believing it too!

Positive thoughts

Serenity1990
01-05-14, 18:56
The dull ache could certainly be anxiety; or equally it could be something harmless and transient.

With respect to the lump, out bodies are full of lumps and bumps that come and go, often when we're hyper-aware of our own bodies we notice them when otherwise we wouldn't. The important thing is a lump from anything sinister wouldn't have disappeared. :)

MissAnxiety
01-05-14, 19:12
Thanks for the replies...
To be honest I don't know if it was a lump, when I felt it it felt big but ive tried looking for it so many times im not sure if I just felt my rib but might of been in a different position that made it stick out more. I was sure when I found it that it was a lump, but im sure I would of felt it again by now.
And it's a bit of a coincidence how only since then ive had discomfort. But it feels to much just to be made up in my head xxx