PDA

View Full Version : Did someone order a new user?

kristoferarron
02-05-14, 00:29
Hello, my name is Kristofer. I'm 24 years young. I live in Liverpool but was born in Cambridge, UK to a South African father and a mother of Russian descent.

I've recently been diagnosed by my doctor as having a "pretty severe case" of anxiety. However, it was back in the winter of 2013 when I had my first panic attack and the subsequent thoughts that death was approaching,

Generally, I'm satisfied with where my life is going and I've made a lot of progress lately. That said, its by no means perfect (who's life is?). I continue to feel like I'm edge most days, my body trembles, my heart palpitates. Then there's the headaches, the shortness of breath and the persistent fear that something sinister is going on inside of me. Not to mention the rest. And I've got to be honest, its starting to limitate my output in life as its constantly on my mind.

The reason for me signing up here is to communicate with others that feel the same way as I do on a daily basis, because, as I'm sure you're aware, it does get awfully lonely when its just you and anxiety. My family are aware of what's going on with me, but as supportive as they are, they aren't able to truly understand. The same applies to the (select few) friends I have. Socially, I've never been the best at mixing, but places like this have provided support in the past so I thought I'd give it a go.

Oosh
02-05-14, 07:42
Hiya Kristofer

Welcome to the site. I'm from Liverpool, now in Leeds though.

Loving your post title ! Very witty

Annie0904
02-05-14, 21:48
Hi Kristofer, welcome to NMP