PDA

View Full Version : Please help!!!

Petesy
02-05-14, 02:48
HI everyone

I've been anxious all day and have had a strange feeling in my arm sort of heavy or weak as if it doesn't belong to me (right arm) now at this time in the morning I'm getting pain sort of dull ache with weakness and it's really freaking me out!!

No chest pain I have tingling now and then, I'm starting to get really afraid.......
Has anyone else experienced this??? Plz help!?

I have 5mg diazepam but am trying to stay in control but I'm losing it!!

Any advice would be much appreciated

Petesy.

---------- Post added at 01:24 ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 ----------

Can Anyone relate plz?

I'm on the verge of a full blown attack 😨😨😨😱:-o

---------- Post added at 02:48 ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 ----------

I can't believe this should I have posted this on panic attacks!?

Or maybe it's this time in the morning!?

Petesy
02-05-14, 13:36
I will not be posting anything on symptoms again!!

nomorepanic
02-05-14, 13:40
It doesn't matter where you post it Pete - people will reply if they can help so this was the correct place.

How are you feeling now?

Petesy
02-05-14, 16:42
Hi Nicola

Thank you for your reply,

I took my 5mg of diazepam because I had a full blown panic attack it worked, this morning has been just as bad it came back with a vengeance, I'm ok right now and what is really has me on a knife edge is that the head of the practice says this has been going on too long when I was in his surgery he asked me to write my name on a piece of paper with my arm resting, i wrote my name and you could just make it out because it looked like something that had measured an earthquake, afterwards he said I would like to send you for an MRI, i asked what he was wanting to find out and came out and said it "Parkinsons" my mother was with me at the time and I left his office worse than when I went in, I'm 31 and keep thinking the worst is ahead of me I have an appointment nxt Friday and tbh I ain't looking forward to it, he's certain that it's severe anxiety disorder but wants to rule it out.

Thanks again for your reply Nicola I really appreciate it.

Take care of yourselves

Petesy.

Worried 24/7
02-05-14, 16:45
I have had that feeling before but I think its just anxiety related.

tuesdayschild44
02-05-14, 17:41
I have the exact same thing in my left arm, it comes and goes for the last 3 weeks! If you pay attention to it, it gets worse! Try not to think about it, I have a pinched nerve in my back so the Doctor wanted to do an EMG on my legs for that and now since I told him about my arm tingling and he says its weak, I pushed on his hands with both arms, and he says its weaker, Well, so now I can't do anything but focus on that and now he is doing an EMG on all four limbs! Yeah, I felt worse after that Doctors visit too. Couldn't even sleep that night, didn't make it into work. Totally sucks. I hate this so bad, so my advice if I am even in a place to give it, is to try and not think about it, go about your business and see how it feels.
I find that I have been tensing that arm too, I catch myself doing it all the time, are you doing that unconsciencly? I do, if I feel anything in that arm now, I find myself holding next to my body like its sore or something. It's all in my head.
My doctor said because I have tingling there it may be a pinched nerve in my neck, which is possible. There was someone else on here that posted that they did that to their neck and pinched a nerve which gave them symptoms in their arm from stress and anxiety. So I would chalk it all up to anxiety, I hope you feel better and try not to be too focused on it. Take Care.

Petesy
02-05-14, 21:25
Thanks for your replies worried24/7 & Tuesdayschild44

Tuesdayschild what you do is the exact same as what I do when my arm goes that way I hold it to my arm to my chest as if it's in a phantom sling, it's really hard for me not to focus on it as my neighbour took a stroke right in front of me while we were sitting in his kitchen I managed to catch him before he collapsed and phoned an ambulance,he's ok now, but I keep thinking of him every time I get this which scares the c#@p out of me because I seen it first hand. :-(

And of course your in a place to give advice, because what you've been going through I can relate :-)

Thanks very much to you all

Take care

Petesy.

---------- Post added at 21:25 ---------- Previous post was at 21:23 ----------

Your reassurance is much appreciated :hugs: