PDA

View Full Version : racing heart, beating high at 80 to 100 alll the time

tuesdayschild44
02-05-14, 15:30
I was wondering, is it anxiety that causes the heartbeat to beat so fast? I mean it's doing it all the time, and I was wondering if maybe it was the Effexor or the Restoril?
Anyone do the same?
I have bad insomnia and I swear its my heart beating too fast thats keeping me awake, or is it the anxiety causing the heartbeating to fast?
Anyone have a thought on it?
Any advice sure would help.
Thank You

AlexandriaUK
02-05-14, 16:15
Anxiety definately causes raised heart rate,but 60 to a hundred resting is said to be normal so relax a little and it will slow down some,do you exercise,overweight?

tuesdayschild44
02-05-14, 16:57
No exercise, and I am underweight now because of the anxiety down to 119,

Fizzkins
03-05-14, 20:55
Have you tried propanalol? Is often used in anxiety and can stop the physical symptoms like racing heart and shaky hands. Like the post before would suggest exercise- could massively help with insomnia.
Insomnia is a very common side effect of Effexor- being on temazepam should help though- maybe try going back to your DR
Hope this is helpful in someway x

AlexandriaUK
03-05-14, 21:12
I am a recovered anorexic thankfully and depending on how tall you are yes you could be underweight a bit.
I would try and build your self up with healthy foods and start to take some gentle exercise, see your Dr to get some peace of mind.

dk74
05-05-14, 19:06
Is 80-100 classified as high? 120 is normal for me these days. :D