PDA

View Full Version : Can eye muscle damage affect my brain?

iPodClassic
02-05-14, 15:55
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, and I would like to try it as part of my coping with hypochondria, etc.

Thing is the following; two months ago I had a strange episode where I focused my sight at something that was too close to my eyes, and I felt a horrible strong pain, in my eyes and forehead, which caused me severe dizziness, low pressure and nausea. then after an hour the pain subsided but ever snice then I would have pain in my eyes for an hour or two, everyday.

I went to an eye doctor and they tested my eye pressure and all, and they said everything was fine.

Thing is, the eye pain and dizziness has been subsiding, but today I have a very strange feeling in my forehead, it feels like a pressure on the scalp.

Every since I had this issue, I've been having issues mixing up words a lot, which I asumed was only my anxiety caused by such pain, but sometimes I fear that my brain got messed up with the eye strain (it feels as if the 'cable' connecting my eyes to the brain got messed up).

I cannot stop forgetting and mixing up words whenever I feel this dull pain in my eyes and head. But can eye damage really affect my brain?
I want to believe that all this pain is only caused by muscle strain, monstly my neck and shoulders, but I would really like to hear other people's opinions and ideas of what could be causing this.

Thank you.

swgrl09
02-05-14, 17:12
I'm not a doctor, but I am a person with lots of muscle problems in my neck and shoulders. Often times the muscle spasms spread to my scalp and head. When that happens, I have experienced similar symptoms.