PDA

View Full Version : hives anyone?

Worried 24/7
02-05-14, 15:59
So today I took a bath and then when I got out of the tub I noticed this rash on my forearms that looked like little red dots all over. Within an hour they had disappeared. Does that sound like hives? Could that happen just from anxiety or stress? Just curious.

iPodClassic
02-05-14, 16:06
So today I took a bath and then when I got out of the tub I noticed this rash on my forearms that looked like little red dots all over. Within an hour they had disappeared. Does that sound like hives? Could that happen just from anxiety or stress? Just curious.

Surely it's just anxiety. Was the rash too extensive or just on a certain area? I'm sure it's related to irritation due to soap/shower gel used on the tub.

Regards,

Worried 24/7
02-05-14, 16:13
It was only my forearms and I didn't soap up, I just laid in there waking up... I would wonder about the tub needing cleaning out something but it was only my forearms

iPodClassic
02-05-14, 16:29
It was only my forearms and I didn't soap up, I just laid in there waking up... I would wonder about the tub needing cleaning out something but it was only my forearms

Maybe there were any remainders of soap/product in it, enough to cause a rash.

swgrl09
02-05-14, 17:10
A lot of people get hives with changes in body temperature. I always get red blotches and spots after I take a shower, and once my body temp goes back to normal they go away. If that's what you are experiencing, it's pretty common.

Other possibilities are soaps you used, lotions, etc.

susan1963
02-05-14, 19:14
hi, i have chronic hives, due to my body temp, for the last 3 years mines from stress/anxiety, when i get stressed my body temp goes up, and i itch for england, which is most days, im on antihistamine tablets for mine.

Worried 24/7
02-05-14, 19:25
Can they come on and then disappear so quick?

swgrl09
02-05-14, 19:44
Yep, just happened to me when I took a shower after my last post here :) Gone in an hour or less sometimes.

Worried 24/7
02-05-14, 19:47
Weird.....I'm not overly anxious about it cuz it disappeared so quick but it still really freaked me out

susan1963
02-05-14, 20:08
hi yes they do, mine are gone within 30 mins

Worried 24/7
02-05-14, 22:44
Glad to have at least one symptom that didn't hang around....lol