PDA

View Full Version : A positive update and a thank you

fedup36
02-05-14, 22:36
Hi all, as Tanner mentioned earlier I use to use this forum to seek reassurance that the symptoms I was getting were all my anxiety...

Now all I an say is I have come on leaps and bounds...
The support I have received on this site has been fantastic :)

I got married and had such a wonderful day, yes the anxiety did cause a bit of havoc on my honeymoon but do you know what I look back at the photos and think wow I had an amazing time :)

I really wanted to recommend some of you if CBT hasn't worked to ask for integrative therapy.. It's honestly made me become a new person even better than the person I was before my anxiety... What it does is make you aware of the issues happening rather than keeping them and brushing them under the carpet,.. I admit I've cried in 70% of my sessions but its making me explore things I really didn't want to!

It explores why you have anxiety... It fascinates me, but rather than trying to just treat the anxiety it makes you tackle all the issues head on and has for me taught me a whole new way of thinking and acting..

Sorry if i have blabbed on but I think it's important to see that you can get better :) it doesn't happen over night but I'm sure getting there and wanted to say thank you to everyone for there support.

Emma xx

Tanner40
02-05-14, 22:39
Hey FedUp, I'm so glad to hear how well that you are doing. A marriage and a honeymoon can be stressful. But you did it, and are able to look back on it with enjoyment. Thanks for sharing about the integrative therapy. Sounds fascinating.