PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Monty13
06-12-06, 19:21
Hi,

I have been struggling with panic episodes on and off for years but have been repressing it. Its kinda strange as my worst attacks tend to be at social occassions in the company of people that are familiar to me! (including family parties believe it or not) I've had all the symptoms incuding raising anxiety, paranoia, racing heart, dry throat etc etc. I just have to leave, which is embassassing to say the least.

I do sometimes get anxiety to a much lesser degree in situations involing people I dont know.

The feeling of dread if someone invites me out somewhere or an up coming work function is awful.

I have used all the excuses in the book for avoiding them!!

Anyway reading this back it sounds that I am quite miserable but I am not really!! I just long to be comfortable in these situations.

normalwisdom
06-12-06, 19:24
Hello welcome to NMP....you are not alone.

I had the same problem and am now....pleased to say getting there!

I hope you find the help you need here.

Take care.

Steph

honeybee3939
06-12-06, 19:27
Hi Monty

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice here while making new friends on the way.:D

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

clickaway
06-12-06, 20:04
Welcome Aboard, Monty.

Why do you think you are more prone to panic when in the company of people you know? Are you concerned with how they view you and your condition?

You'll learn a lot here - many people suffer just like you.

Take Care,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

matt1981
06-12-06, 20:13
alright mate sorry to hear about ur troubles this is a great forum ull get plenty of help here! :D