PDA

View Full Version : School Nativity Play - I went!

lisa p
06-12-06, 19:27
Hi,

Just a little bit of success today, I took my youngest to see the nativity play at the school she starts in Jan. Her brother is already at the school so I know the procedure etc.

This morning I woke up feeling the norm - sick, panicky and shaky just at the thought, kept asking her if she was sure she wanted to go! - of course she said yes, anyway managed to drive the 10 mins there with sick bag at the ready, walked to the entrance feeling dreadful, BUT...

as soon as I walked in the door the panic and sickness went, and didnt have any such feelings for the full hour - WOW I was exhausted but so pleased. Saw the hypnotist this afternoon, and a lot of emotional work was done from my past, so I am really hopeful that, at last, for the first time in years, I might get a little bit of my "normal" life back. He has taught me the "tapping" thing today, felt a idiot doing it, but my anxiety went from level 6 to 0 in less than 5 mins! I will practice in private and let you all know how I get on.

Lisax

normalwisdom
06-12-06, 19:30
Well done Lisa!!!!!!!!

How was the play??? Did you sob? I always do LOL[Sigh...]

really pleased you enjoyed it...onwards and upwards from now on!:D

Steph

matt1981
06-12-06, 19:32
well done!! :D onwards and upwards now!

honeybee3939
06-12-06, 20:03
Hi lisa,

lovely to hear you are doing so well, sounds like the hypnotherpy is doing good for you too, i find the tapping a great help, donsnt matter if we feel embarrassed while people are present, if tapping helps us then that can only be good !

WELL DONE

Love

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

Melxxx
06-12-06, 20:04
Well done Lisa,

Glad you went to the play and enjoyed it[Yeah!] way to go girl:D:D.

Lisa I do the "tapping thing" and it works for me as well:D

Mel xxx

The kindness we extend to others in their their hour of need will return to us at the time we most need it.

yorkylover
07-12-06, 00:00
Well done lisa[Yeah!];):);)

Ellen XX

manmoor
07-12-06, 00:44
WELL DONE LISA HUN. XXXX

Take Care

Mandyxx

Ammeg
07-12-06, 12:27
YAY!!!

Well done lisa hun!! Knew u could do it!!!!
See the anxiety does drop as longs u face it head on... u did it!!
I am sooo proud of u!!!!!!!
Gemxx

Piglet
07-12-06, 13:52
[Wow!] :) [Yeah!] :) [Wow!] :) [Yeah!] :) [Wow!] :) [Yeah!] :) [Wow!] :) [Yeah!]

Does that express it well enough?

Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Chopper
07-12-06, 15:48
Superb Lisa!:D

What a result, you must feel so, well, proud of your achievement? These positives keep us all going, thank you.

Happiness and light to all,
'Chopper'

I saw her once, one little while, and then no more:
’Twas Eden’s light on Earth a while, and then no more.
Amid the throng she passed along the meadow-floor:
Spring seemed to smile on Earth awhile, and then no more;
But whence she came, which way she went, what garb she wore
I noted not; I gazed a while, and then no more!

James Clarence Mangan 1803 - 1849

LickeyEndBlues
07-12-06, 16:54
Hi Lisa

I've been following your posts for a bit now and I can honestly say I am chuffed to bits for you. I found you experience of 6-0 in walking through a potentially stressful door a fantastic success.

If you are not careful, they will have you joining the PFA!! Actually that might not be a bad thing, I was in our kids first school PFA abd it was really rewarding.

Way to go Lisa!!!

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

bobsy
07-12-06, 17:24
Well done Lisa Just wanted to say im so pleased for you.
I bet your still smiling to yourself.

bobsy

Southern_Belle
07-12-06, 18:10
Hi Lisa,

I'm so glad you were able to go, there is nothing more rewarding than taking your children to school functions even though she won't start there until next year. Congratulations on facing your fears head on.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"