PDA

View Full Version : CBT4Panic Question

swgrl09
03-05-14, 14:18
I don't know if there already is a thread about this so I apologize I am posting in the wrong place.

I downloaded the CBT4Panic workbooks and readings. I started going through them, but am a little bit confused on the worksheets. Do I do all of those blank worksheets that are associated with the reading before I move on to the next zip file?

The worksheets are a little bit confusing for me. Do I do each one as often as needed? Or just for the purposes of understanding the reading?

nomorepanic
03-05-14, 14:41
I will get Robin Hall to comment for you - I will send him a link to this thread.

swgrl09
03-05-14, 14:50
Thanks!!

robinhall
03-05-14, 15:31
Hi
You should try to do all the worksheets in book 1 a few times before you move on to book 2

And even as you read books 2 and 3 keep doing the worksheets until you feel you have really understood what it is you are meant to learn from them

Each time you fill in a Panic Attack diary you are objectively observing the reality of what is happening as opposed to the projected anxiety of what you fear 'might' happen

or each time you do a panic sequence profile you start to see the repetitive nature of panic and how you get triggered and what keeps it going

Think of how often you go over the fear in your mind - many thousands of times - so to counter that you need to really go over the new way of looking at it as often as you can

I hope this helps
You can do it :-)

swgrl09
03-05-14, 15:44
Thanks for answering so quickly!! That's really helpful and I appreciate it, as well as your program :)

robinhall
03-05-14, 15:54
You're very welcome :-)