PDA

View Full Version : just want to ask someone

tricia56
03-05-14, 15:13
hi not sure if this as anything to do with anxiety or the right place to post and have had anxiety for ten years now and my self asteem and conviedence has been very low for many years even before the anxiety started but it did get worse after the anxiety started but the last few weeks the anxiety has been really bad and struggling at the moment, and then yesterday I went to pick my granddaughter up from school and while walking home she asked me why do i always walk with my head down seem to lean forward all the time I just answerd her by saying its just a habbit and straight away I tried to walk with my head up and shoulders back because I thought she thinks i look weird or she is imbarrest walking with me and then on top of that when I got home my male friend foned me to see how I was getting on because he knows about the anxiety and my selfasteem and conviendence issues and I was telling him about I have a support worker now from a organisation called mind that is going to help me with my issues so he started to tell me what to do and say to myself to help build them back up , I know he was only trying to help me but when I came off the fone yet again I started to feel really anxiouse and started to think was he trying to be just polite and that he really thinks I really do look a mess and ugly etc that's why he doesn't see me that often. And now I cant seem to stop worring over it , could it be just the anxiety that makes me think and see only the negative side of everthing as I always seem to read between the lines and analize what people say to me, sorry for the long post but it has really got to me thk you

SADnomore
04-05-14, 04:29
Hi, Tricia! Oh, my, YES! Your anxiety and low confidence absolutely can and will cause negative thinking and over-analysing everything. So, the good news is that the help you will be getting will be addressing all of these things. I can remember years ago thinking that people were only being kind when they spoke to me, and that they didn't really like me - not true! This is just the negativity of depression and anxiety talking, and after you have been replacing it with positive thinking and addressing your issues in therapy, it will dissipate. There are simple practices that you can do daily that will have you "hearing" the truth from yourself, about your worth and value, do give them your best effort! I can only imagine the miserable life circumstances that have led to you getting to this low point, and I am sorry they happened to you. You can heal from this, I did, please try!
Marie :bighug1: