PDA

View Full Version : How to cope?

Rainboww
03-05-14, 19:20
My anxiety is starting to make me feel depressed. My main symptom is bloating.. I've told my doctor and she doesn't seem too concerned - prescribed me some laxatives and told me to get on with it basically...
The laxatives are not helping - I'm still bloated and I don't seem to be going to the toilet any more than usual.

I've tried meditating - which is helping a little.. It's just finding some quiet time to do it...

I think I need to improve my diet - which might also help with the bloating, Idk. Is there such thing as a 'happy food'?
Just so worried I have some kind of terminal illness.

Also, to add to it - my boyfriend is going away next week and I'm scared of being on my own in case something happens.. And I will probably worry about him too...

I can't stop worrying! :(

swgrl09
03-05-14, 19:30
A nutritionist told me that fruits and vegetables actually can improve mood over time, as well as exercise. The fiber and exercise also will help with bloating. Maybe get out and go for a walk or a run?

Kaialin
03-05-14, 19:33
I can relate to everything you are saying. I would not worry about the bloating really, i know i probably just sound like your doctor but its not going to be anything sinister.
Healthy food's are happy food's. In the long run the better your diet the better you feel. Look for something called Valerian root aswell, very helpful in staying calm :) hope you stop worrying soon

Rainboww
03-05-14, 19:37
My diet is terrible, I have about 4 takeouts a week which I know is what probably is causing most of my problems...
I go rock climbing every other day for about 3 hours at a time and I struggle to gain enough energy so I often binge on rubbish food.
I think a change in diet might be what I need...

PBL80
03-05-14, 20:26
4 take outs a week ain't good! If you change your diet not only would
U stop bloating you would also have more energy with the rock climbing. I eat healthy most of the time but on the occasion I do have the odd Chinese or kebab I can feel the difference it makes on my body and energy levels. Kurb the take aways for a month eat fresh healthy meat, fruit and veg and plenty of water and I guarantee you'll feel better. Green tea may also help with the digestion

Fishmanpa
03-05-14, 20:31
Rainboww,

Anxiety aside, diet can dictate how you feel physically. It's not rocket science. Rubbish in, rubbish out. We eat healthy 90+% of the time. Every once in a while we'll "indulge" in something we know isn't good for us and 99+% of the time we feel like rubbish afterwards ;)

The key is not to totally deprive yourself. We reserve a "free" day (which is Sundays). On that day, we reserve the right to eat whatever we feel like. Since we've been doing that, we tend to eat less and less bad stuff as it makes us feel bad.

Give it a good go. You have nothing to lose except feeling like rubbish and you'll save a lot of $$ on take out ;)

Positive thoughts

PBL80
03-05-14, 20:51
Well said fishmanpa

Worriedwellornot
03-05-14, 21:16
I agree. Been on a Paleo type diet, with lots of veg, lean meat, gone gluten free, trying to quit sugar and joined the gym! Making me feel a lot better in myself and giving less focus to my HA! I won't go back to my old diet and couch potato ways!