PDA

View Full Version : Weird Jaw Feeling

Claudius
03-05-14, 21:12
I have recently gotten over a fear of Sepsis and Meningitis, which was apparently Sinusitis...:weep:. But I think I might have lingering anxiety. For the past two days, my lower lip and chin have been numb and hanging away from my jaw. I feel like I have an under-bite. Every once in a while my neck directly underneath my jaw will tense up, along with jaw pain. Are these symptoms of anxiety? I don't want to drag my mother back to the doctors again, she is getting tired of it.

AlexandriaUK
03-05-14, 22:26
I think anything that has a sensation in the body can be anxiety Its a weird and scary thing which can send us all spiralling into panic mode.
How old are you if you don't mind saying, the reason I ask is that you said about dragging your mum back to Drs which I'm sure she wouldn't mind if she knew it would put your mind at rest.

Claudius
03-05-14, 23:07
I think anything that has a sensation in the body can be anxiety Its a weird and scary thing which can send us all spiralling into panic mode.
How old are you if you don't mind saying, the reason I ask is that you said about dragging your mum back to Drs which I'm sure she wouldn't mind if she knew it would put your mind at rest.

I am currently in panic mode. I'm 18 but haven't gotten my drivers license yet, and we have been to the doctors 10 times in the past two weeks for various things. It is irritating to her and me, and I don't want to go back yet.

---------- Post added at 17:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:01 ----------

A little more info: My lip and the small area underneath it are numb. My jaw hurts just a little bit. It is tight, however.

Worried 24/7
03-05-14, 23:09
Anxiety causes tension all over. I clench by my teeth more often than not which results in a lot of jaw pain.

Claudius
03-05-14, 23:12
Anxiety causes tension all over. I clench by my teeth more often than not which results in a lot of jaw pain.

Me too. The back of my jaw where it attaches to the bone hurts.

Claudius
04-05-14, 14:23
I tried to sleep it off, but the numbness has not gone away! I am getting scared now. Cannot keep calm. This sucks.