PDA

View Full Version : So much for a good day. Sigh

idawmn
03-05-14, 23:28
Last night I took an Ativan to help me sleep and for some reason it didn't kick in, so no sleep.

Today my husband and I went out for lunch, went to a store and then looked at new homes. The whole time I had the suffocation feeling and my head was in a fog. I just don't get a break other than the times I can actually sleep thanks to Ativan. It has been exactly 14 weeks today straight with this suffocation feeling 24/7. I try, I really try. Nothing is bothering me. I just don't get it. I thought by now this suffocation feeling would have just disappeared.

Three more days until I see a therapist for the first time. I know I have to believe that this will get turned around.

SADnomore
04-05-14, 04:00
Hi, hunni, Sorry you are still having symptoms, I know the fog, it's crap! :wacko: Well, better days are in store for you, hang in there! I don't know what your therapist will say, BUT Ativan for sleep every night is not a good use of the benzodiazpene, really. There are other meds for sleep that are not as addictive as Ativan AND, for example, there are some that double as a medication for anxiety. Remeron is one. However, if your therapist isn't a psychiatrist then you should talk to your physician about something for sleep, and save the Ativan for major anxiety/panic attacks. Meanwhile, all the best to you for your therapist session! :yesyes:
Marie

idawmn
04-05-14, 16:24
Thank you. Will talk to the therapist about the Remeron and other alternatives. I have tried melatonin - doesn't work. Tried the non addictive sleep aids, doesn't work.